LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fast Week

Wow this week flew by it seems. I thought it was going to be a long week since it seemed to start off slow, but now here it is Thursday and the weekend is creeping up. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the weekend and definitely ready for it. I didn't get quite as much done as I wanted to this week, but I guess there's always next week, right? I really should be in bed now as I'm getting up at 4am to watch all the Royal Wedding coverage. Yes, that's right! I will be watching. My little Emmaline has even gotten excited about it with me so she wants me to wake her up. We'll have to wait and see if she actually gets up, but I think she will.

Tonight Evan's school had family fun night. I had volunteered a few months back to make cupcakes for the cake walk. This morning when Evan got up he said his tummy hurt. I wasn't sure if he was just saying that and didn't want to go to school for some reason or if he was really sick. We told him it was fine if he wanted to stay home, but there would be no family fun night. He went back and forth and decided he wanted to stay home. Then at the very last minute decided he wanted to go to school. We rushed out of here and I got him to school just in time. After I dropped him off I was worried all morning if he would be o.k. or if he was really sick. I dropped off the cupcakes at school when I picked him up and we headed home. He said he was fine at school and didn't get sick. He still wasn't acting himself though. I made us some lunch and after just a couple bites Evan got sick. (No, not from my cooking) He then pretty much slept all afternoon. I figured we'd just skip family fun night at school, but when Evan woke up from napping of course he wanted to go. So we got to school when it started and I was a little disappointed in family fun night. There really weren't that many activities. Evan wasn't too into it and I could tell he wasn't feeling well again. Em got her face painted and we went down to the cake walk. Evan won a plate of cupcakes the first time. We left and went to another room where the kids could get a free book. Then Em wanted to do the cupcake walk again since she didn't win any cupcakes. Evan wasn't interested and he and Greg sat in the hall and waited for us. Em did great without her brother in the cake walk and guess what? Yes, she won a plate of cupcakes too. She was so excited. We then decided to head home because Evan really wasn't feeling good.

We got home and he had a little bit of a fever. I gave him some Tylenol, and he had a little bit of chicken noodle soup for dinner. About an hour or so later he turned in a completely different direction and started feeling better. He was definitely acting more like my usual little guy. I'm hoping whatever he had is gone and he's fine tomorrow. I must get to bed now. The 4am wedding coverage is going to be calling my name sooner than later. Tomorrow the space shuttle Endeavour also lifts off so it's going to be a great day. Emme is super excited about the wedding, and Evan is super excited about the space shuttle launch.

No comments:

Post a Comment