LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Fun Weekend!

It's been a fun weekend despite the crappy weather we've had. After we got Em's hair cut on Saturday we headed to Spartan Stadium to watch our beloved Spartan football team play in the spring practice Green/White game. You know how I LOVE football so football in April is right up my alley. We debated about going though because of the weather, but since we were already out we decided to give it a chance. We lucked out because it didn't start raining until the beginning of the fourth quarter. By then we were ready to leave though because Em hadn't napped yet and the game wasn't all that exciting so it was a good time to go. I'm hoping that they have some trick plays up their sleeves when the regular season starts in September. It was fun to go though because hey, it's football, and since regular games are all so expensive to do as a family outing this was a great opportunity to take the kids. They enjoyed it. Well Evan really liked the football part, while Em was busy watching Sparty. She LOVES Sparty! Plus we got to sit on like the 40 yard line and that would never happen if we bought regular tickets. Evan even got to see his favorite former MSU football player, Javon Ringer who was down on the sidelines so he was really excited! Here's a few photos from our football outing.

The kids in Spartans Stadium waiting for the game to start. (It was a little bright for Ev)
Opening kickoff!
The star quarterback Kirk Cousins taking his first hand at the ball. I'm glad MSU has one starting quarterback this year and they won't be going back and forth like last year!

Last night we went over to our friends Ahna & Jason's house for a little birthday party. They welcomed kids too so we took Evan and Em. It was nice to get out for awhile and hang with some neighbors and catch up. We couldn't stay all that long since it got to be Em's bedtime, but it was still fun. Thanks for the invite Ahna & Jason!

Today was a dreary day and it rained off and on. We ran some errands, had lunch with Greg's mom and by the time we got home it was time to go to bunco. My friend Eileen had bunco this month and it was "spring themed bunco." A good time was had by all and this had to be one of my best bunco games ever. I had 14 wins out of 18 and two big buncos. At one point I even had 5 baby bunco gifts! I ended up winning $20, and my friend Carla and I tied for most big buncos so we had a roll off and she won the money for that part. If I would of won I could of come home with $45. Oh well. I did still come home with some money, a big bunco prize, and two baby bunco prizes.

Here are the prizes I came home with!

It was nice once again to have girl's night. Thanks to Eileen for hostessing and serving the best Sangria I've ever had! It was so tasty and we all agreed it was a hit! Now it's time for a new week to start and I just can't believe my Evan only has four days of school left. Is that really possible? And how is it possible that by Saturday it will be May 1st?

No comments:

Post a Comment