LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Way Behind

Wow, here it is Saturday and you haven't heard from me since Monday. I'm way behind in the blogging world this week. Sorry readers. I'll try to do a brief update on what's been happening this past week and then I'll try harder to stay up to date. I told you my niece Kaite came to visit for a couple days during her spring break so that was nice to have some extra hands around.

Here's the week in a nutshell. On Monday I was able to run to the store before I picked Ev up from school without a kid in tow since Kaite watched Em. When I got home she had picked up all the toys in the living room and emptied the dishwasher! What a sweetie! On Tuesday, I had a doctors appointment so once again Kaite watched the kids. I didn't know though that when I got to the doctor I'd have so much fun. We were having bad storms that morning and while I was in the waiting room there was a tornado warning so I along with the staff and one other patient had to go in the basement. That was an interesting few minutes. My appt was at 11:30am so they weren't too busy since it was right before lunch time. I had been in the waiting room for 15 minutes until we had to go in the basement. Finally around noon we went back up and they took me right in the exam room. Maybe the tornado warning was a good thing because I've never seen the doctor come in so fast and get done. Don't worry, I don't feel like my time was jipped. I was glad she was in and out so I could get home. That afternoon Kaite helped me clean, organize, and pack up unwanted toys in the basement play area which was a huge help! It was much needed and it looks so much better down there. Thanks again Kaite for all your help! Greatly appreciated! Wednesday it was time for Kaite to head home. :( My mom came to pick her up and took her home. I know she was glad to get home and see her friends for the rest of her spring break, but I was really glad she came to visit for a few days. The kids really enjoy having her here, as do we! Since Kaite was here on Tuesday I switched library to Thursday at Evan's school so that was my afternoon on Thursday. On Friday it was freakin' cold here! The kids and I were in sweats all day and didn't go anywhere! Greg had to work a little late so we just chilled at home all day. I want the warm weather back so I can wear my flip flops!

That brings us to today which Em was supposed to have a playdate, but we had some last minute cancellations from her friends so we just called it off so we could get some things done. Greg and Evan went for a bike ride this afternoon while Em napped. He was riding over big dirt hills. I'm so proud of him on his bike!

So that's been our week. Now it looks like it's going to rain again so that probably means a quiet evening for us since we won't be able to go for a walk. Before I leave I'd like to wish my friend Carla a big congrats on the birth of her baby girl Annabel Grace on Wednesday! She didn't find out what she was having, and all along I thought a girl until the night before she was to have her c-section and got this feeling it was a boy. I guess I was sort of right! I love the name, it's really cute! Of course Grace is a winner since I have my Emmaline Grace! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment