LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Black Bean Pinwheels

Last week when we had our little deck party I wanted to have a few simple snacks. I was debating what to make and decided to make my El Azteco Dip which is under the appetizers to the right, and then I ran across this black bean pinwheel recipe so I made those too. They were super simple and very yummy! Greg and I decided it's something we would even eat for lunch sometime. Just make as a roll-up instead of cutting into the pinwheels. Either way they're tasty. I happened to alter the recipe a little because I didn't have onion salt or Monterey Jack Cheese w/ peppers so look for my substitutions below. I keep forgetting to post the recipe so here it is!

Black Bean Pinwheels

Ingredients:
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese with Jalapeno Peppers
1/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
1/4 tsp. Onion salt
1 cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed
3 Flour tortillas (6 inch)

Substitutions- Instead of onion salt I used chili powder and instead of pepper cheese I used Colby Jack Cheese. I didn't go out and by onion salt because I figured Greg wouldn't like it anyway, and I'm glad I didn't because they were a hit with him using the chili powder!
Directions:

MIX cheeses, sour cream and onion salt in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.

PLACE beans in food processor or blender container; cover. Process until smooth. Spread evenly onto tortillas; top evenly with cheese mixture. Roll tortillas up tightly. Wrap individually in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.

CUT ends from tortillas; discard. Cut each roll-up into 5 slices. Serve with Salsa if desired

(This photo is courtesy of Kraft Foods. I forgot to take a picture)

Before I leave you again tonight, it's another August birthday to share! I'd like to wish my Step-Mom a Happy 60th Birthday! Sixty is the new forty right? Hope you enjoyed your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment