LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Swimming, Ballet, & The Deck

Happy Sunday evening readers! It's time to tell you about our busy week we had last week. I hope I can remember it since it flew by so fast! My niece Kaite and her friend Libby stayed with me until Thursday so we finally got to go to the Aquatic Center. I hadn't ventured there yet with two kids on my own and our weekends have been busy so that's why we hadn't been there yet. Since I had some extra help with Kaite here we went on Tuesday and the kids had a blast! Both Evan and Em wasted no time getting into the water! My little Emmaline was a fish the whole time and she absolutely loved the froggy slide once she got on it! She didn't want to stop going down it, and she had no problem doing it all by herself. It was so fun to watch her. Check her out on the slide!


Evan had fun too going from the pool to the splash pad to the sand area. It's too bad there's only a month left for the Aquatic Center to be open. Hopefully next year we can get a lot more use out of it since the kids will be older, and buy some passes. Here's a pic of my other fishy in the pool!


On Wednesday Emmaline started her first ballet class. If you remember when I was telling you about Evan's basketball camp, Emmaline couldn't wait to start her ballet class. Well, all day Wednesday she was ready to go to class. Finally when it was time to get her ready for ballet she couldn't of been more excited! She was out the door before me. We got to the Bailey Center where class was held and she was so excited to see her friend Chloe who also is taking the class. They went in together and Em wanted to get her ballet slippers on right away. I told Emmaline she'd have to listen to her teacher like a good girl and follow directions. She said, "I promise mommy." This was the first time she was in a class with a teacher so I wasn't sure what to expect. She did fantastic though and loved the whole half hour of class. Here she is with her buddy Chloe. Check out her pose!

Here's another pic of Em and the other girls in the class doing some dancing! They were all so cute!
Thursday Kaite and Libby had to leave. My mom came to pick them up and took them back home. It was quiet after they left and the kids really missed them. Greg continued to work on the deck all week the deck is pretty much done. He just has to do the stairs, but other than that all the boards are on and I must say I think it looks really nice. Such an improvement from the old deck. I regrettably haven't taken any pics along the way so at this point I figured I might as well wait until the stairs are on and then I'll post some pics. That pretty much wraps up the highlights of the week. The highlight of the weekend was Greg and I were able to sneak in an unexpected dinner date on Saturday night. His mom took the kids for the afternoon and overnight so we decided to hit up P.F. Chang's for dinner. It's been a couple years since we've been there and it was really good. We tried some crispy green beans for an appetizer and boy were they yummy! I think it's going to be sooner than a couple years before we go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment