LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Evan's Tooth Box

Last week when the kids and I were at T.J. Maxx I ran across this tooth box kit.
Ever since Evan discovered that he had a loose tooth it's all he talks about everyday. He's trying very hard to wiggle that tooth out. He wonders when his tooth falls out what he does with his tooth for the tooth fairy. I told him we'd have to get a tooth box, but I really had no clue where to find one. Then we were looking at the toys (of course) at T.J. Maxx, and saw this kit and thought this would be a good thing to make with Evan. Once we brought it home everyday Evan was asking to make it. Finally we got the chance the other day to get it started and boy was he ever excited!

First we had to mix the plaster, and we had to do sort of quickly and get it in the moulding tray before it hardened. Here's Evan mixing up the plaster and water.

Once that part was done then it was sit and wait for the plaster to completely harden. Well, that's easier said than done when a little kid is involved! Evan wanted to paint his tooth box right away. I explained to him that he had to wait a couple days before we could take it out of the moulding tray. A couple days later it was time to finally paint it and Evan was so excited once again! He thought it was so cool he got to paint his own little tooth box. For the most part he did it all on his own. Here he is getting started painting the tooth box.

Thankfully the paint dried fairly quickly so we were able to get the box painted all in one sitting. He did a super job painting it. He picked out the colors all by himself. I only helped him pain his name on it and do around the edges where two colors meet. I'm very proud of the nice work he did making his tooth box. He had a ton of fun crafting and wants to paint more tooth boxes. The kit actually makes four so he thought he should make all of them. I told him maybe down the road after his first tooth falls out! Now we just have to wait for that tooth to get out of there and the tooth fairy to come for a visit! Here's the finished product!


In other news, tonight was Emmaline's last night of ballet class. It was sort of sad to be done with it. She had so much fun and it was so neat to watch the little girls dance around. I'm hoping to get her in some more dance classes down the road. I'm very proud of my little girl though she did awesome listening to her teacher and participating in all the dance moves! Great job Emmaline! Before I leave tonight I'd like to wish my Grandma a very Happy Birthday! She shares her birthday with Regis Philbin who is one of my favorite talk show hosts so that's pretty cool! Happy Birthday Grandma!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete