LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Blueberry Crumble Pie

Last Sunday we finally made it to the East Lansing Farmer's Market. The first couple weeks I forgot about it opening, and then it was Em's birthday and we were too busy. So on Sunday before doing anything else I made it a point to get downtown East Lansing and hit up the market. By the time we were done at the market, I walked away with some tomatoes, green beans, hot peppers, and some blueberries. I've been having the taste for blueberry pie so I figured what better place to get them than at the market. They've been in the fridge for a few days waiting to be put in a pie. However, I didn't have all the other ingredients so I made sure I got to Meijer today to get them. It was a great day to go to Meijer because the kids and I ran into our friends Nico and Susan and we got to meet their new little girl Carolina! So tiny and so adorable! Once I got home and got the kids lunch I figured I should get to making the pie. It's really so simple and takes barely anytime. So with that said, the pie got made and it looks so delicious! Here's my blueberry crumble pie followed by the recipe. Can't wait to have some after dinner!



Blueberry Crumble Pie

Ingredients:
5 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
1 (9 inch) reduced fat graham cracker crust
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 TBLS all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp grated lemon rind
1 (80z.) carton of low-fat sour cream
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1 TBLS granulated sugar
1 TBLS margarine, melted

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • Place blueberries in crust, set aside
  • Combine brown sugar, flour, vanilla, rind, and sour cream and then spread over blueberries
  • Combine bread crumbs, sugar, margarine and then sprinkle over blueberry/sour cream mixture
  • Bake at 375 degrees for 40 min. or until set and crumbs are lightly browned
  • Cool 1 hour on a wire rack
Yields: 8 servings

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that pie looks just wonderful! I'm going to have to try your recipe one of these days!

    ReplyDelete