LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Fun-Filled Birthday Weekend!

I'm back tonight and ready to tell you about our busy busy busy birthday weekend for Emmaline. It all started on Thursday with Em's early birthday dinner at Spartan Hall of Fame Cafe with Greg's mom and aunt. Emmaline picked where she wanted to go so Hall of Fame Cafe it was. Her bed was coming Friday so we kind of needed her present from Ya Ya before then. I had picked out a new comforter set that Greg's mom said she'd give to her so we wanted to get it so her bed could get all made up when it came. We all had a nice dinner and Em loved her new bedding and new toys she got!

Friday was a jam packed day! The guy had finally come on Thursday to dig the holes for the deck and since it took him so long to finally do it he said he'd set the posts in place too. That was nice. So then when he finished he told me if we wanted him to frame the deck for $100 he'd come back and do that on Friday. So I talked to Greg and we both decided it was worth the $100. The other half of our deck order was in Thursday night and ready to be picked up and with the birthday party on Saturday and Em's birthday on Sunday we knew we wouldn't be getting much work done. So Friday morning the guy came back and he and another guy framed the deck in no time. Greg had to work for a couple hours in the morning and then he had the rest of the day off so we could go pick up the rest of the wood and also take Em's crib apart and put the full size bed together since her new mattress was being delivered late in the day. Our trip to Menard's to get the wood took up a huge chunk of the day. Between that and cleaning the house for the party, and getting Em's new bed all set that was our day. I put Em's new bedding on her "big girl" bed before she could go in her room and see her new bed. She was so excited and just loved it! Here she is walking in her room seeing the new bed for the first time!
She laid right down on her new bed and snuggled up with her babies!
Here's Em going to bed the first night in her new "big girl" bed! She did fantastic that night!
Saturday was the big Princess Party! I had some last minute prep work before the party, as well as picking up the cake. This year I just didn't have time to get creative and make a cake so I just ordered one from Sam's. When I went to pick it up I was a little shocked to say the least when I saw her cake. This is what the lady handed me!
You can imagine the look on my face. I had this feeling going into the store that morning that something wasn't going to be right with the cake because the guy who took my order was clueless. However, I thought her name was going to be spelled wrong, not a big Cubs emblem in the middle! The lady said she thought this was a little weird when she made the cake. Uh yeah, a Cubs emblem in the middle of a princess cake! They did end up fixing it and ended up giving me 50% off so I guess it ended in my favor. Here's the right cake!
Before the party started we were invited to Angie's baby shower (she's the one who bought all my girl clothes at the garage sale). So we headed down there for about an hour and then came back and it was princess party time. This year I opted to keep it simple. The party was at 4pm so I figured I'd just have a couple snacks at the beginning and then order pizzas for dinner. By the time I spent money buying everything to make food it would end up being about the same to order pizza. It worked out good and was nice not to have to make a bunch of food. So while we waited for the pizza I decided in lieu of doing games at the party this year, I'd have the kids do some activities instead. First they made princess candy necklaces. This was a hit and they loved eating them after wards! Here's the girls working on their necklaces.
We then had pizza dinner, Em opened her presents, then we had
cake & ice cream. Here's the birthday princess ready for her cake!
The party ended with the kids decorating their own princess sugar cookies. (Yes I know a little bit of a sugar overload at the party, but hey the kids had fun so that's all that matters!) Here's Em and her friend Chloe starting to frost their princess cookies.
It was a fun day! I'm pretty sure all the kids had a great time. Emmaline got lots of nice presents. Thanks to everyone that came to help celebrate her special day! Here's one more picture of my Princess Emmaline! She looked so cute for her party!
Sunday was her actual birthday and boy did she know it. She popped out of her new big girl bed at 6:30am and was ready to start her day. I wasn't, but that didn't seem to matter! We headed to the MSU gardens in the morning to take some pictures. Then Em got her birthday lunch at Noodles. Later on my sister left to head home and Kaite stayed here. She's staying for part of this week until Thursday. She brought her friend Libby here too so the two of them have been hanging with us this week! It's nice to have some extra hands around the house. We went to Smokey Bones for Em's birthday dinner that night and Greg's mom and Aunt Rose joined us again. I'm not sure why we went though because Em hardly ate any birthday dinner. Oh well, we all enjoyed our meals. So now my little girl is officially three and growing up way too fast. That's our long busy weekend wrap-up! It was pretty much non-stop around here all weekend. This post is quite long already so I'm going to wait and post some of my pictures from the gardens until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment