LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, August 2, 2010

Basketball Camp

Wow, I've got a lot to catch you up on from the weekend, and I also remembered I haven't even blogged about Evan's basketball camp last week. So first let me tell you about that. Last week Evan had a four day basketball camp that was from Monday to Thursday for an hour each day. This was the first time Evan's done any kind of camp. I signed him up a couple weeks ago and everyday he asked me when was basketball camp. So when last Monday arrived he was thrilled he finally got to go! B-ball camp was at the Hannah Center in East Lansing where there are lots of activities held. His group was 5-7 year olds, both boys and girls.

They learned everything from dribbling the ball with the right hand, then the left hand, and then going back and forth from left to right to what the lines on the court mean, to passing the ball, to shooting baskets, to shuffling their feet, to playing offense and defense. Lots to take in over the course of four days, but all the kids did great. Evan had a lot of fun, and by day four I could see how he had improved since the first day. He really picked up a lot of basketball knowledge in a short time.

Since this was his first camp I wanted to start with a short one to see if it's something he enjoyed doing. He's definitely going to be doing more camps! He liked it a lot and now wants to do soccer and football. I'm not sure there's a football one for kids that young, but we'll definitely check into what's available. Now he wants a basketball hoop at home! This week Emme is heading to ballet class which she is super excited about. I can't wait to see her dance!

Here's a few photos from basketball camp and then tomorrow I'll get back to the weekend festivities!

Evan on the first day all set to start b-ball camp!
Practicing shooting baskets. Almost got it to the rim, but not quite!
Ev dribbling the ball
Last day after camp was over... my future Spartan b-ball player!

No comments:

Post a Comment