LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

5 Year Checkup & A Tree

Today Evan had his five year check-up at the doctor. Everything went pretty well and he's right in the range for height and weight. I don't really like those charts, but it's their way of telling you he's on "schedule" for his age. A little surprise we found out while at the doctor was that Evan needs to go see an eye doctor. One eye was a little off from the other so they recommended that he get a thorough eye exam from an eye doctor. We don't have vision coverage so that's lovely, but we still need to get an appointment scheduled and are hoping that it's nothing. I didn't have to have glasses until I was older so I'm hoping my little guy doesn't need them already! I'll keep you posted when we find out. Evan didn't need any shots today, but they recommended a flu shot. We've done the H1N1, but not the seasonal flu. So since Em was there too we got both of them flu shots. No nasal this time so it was a poke in the arm for both of them. I was absolutely amazed at how well my two little munchkins did. Evan went first and he didn't flinch or cry at all. Then Em was up, and I was almost 100% positive that she would be crying by the time it was over. The nurse poked her arm and she didn't flinch or cry at all either. When the nurse was done and put the band-aid on, Em says, "All done!" They both got suckers which they were super excited about! I was very proud of them both. They did a super job!

After we got home from the doctor, I put Em down for a nap and decided I'd call Sears to see how much their Christmas trees were marked down. I've had my eye on an artificial tree there over the past week and was waiting for it to be marked down more. The two times I was there it was 50% off and was still more than I wanted to pay for it. Of course there was only one left in the size and kind that I wanted so I knew I'd have to check often if I was to stand a chance of getting it. So when I called today and they told me the trees were 75% off I was super excited. However, I didn't want to get my hopes up because with my luck I figured the tree would probably be gone. I was planning to go when Greg got home from work, but instead my wonderful husband offered to stop on his way home for me to see if they had it. We were in luck because it was still there! So now we've got an artificial tree for next year, (well actually this year- next Christmas, since I'm still forgetting that it's a different year now) and the years to come! We're going to have to take it out of the box this weekend to check it out and make sure it's good, but it looks like no more real trees for us.

I just realized I haven't posted the chicken tetrazzini recipe from Christmas, and I haven't told you about our fun Winter day that Saturday after Christmas so I promise that's coming in the next couple days. Before I leave you tonight, I was just reading my friend Ann's blog, Life on Roosevelt Street, and I was totally shocked as I read that she's pregnant again! It's always a shock when you find out someone is pregnant and exciting all at the same time! I'm so happy for her and her husband Jason, and their daughter Sylvia! What wonderful news! Congrats Luke family! Now that makes seven of my friends that are pregnant! What a year it's going to be to meet all these new little bundles of joy!

1 comment:

  1. I love my artificial tree and hope you will enjoy yours as well. You will be delighted if you got one that already has the lights on it. Put that sucker up, hang on some ornaments and call it good. So easy! Mine is a tall, skinny one because I don't have a lot of space in my family room, so we don't even take it apart at the end of the holiday season. We just drag it downstairs and put a gigantic tree bag over it until next year. Speaking of which, I need to put my tree away. I'm planning to un-decorate the house this weekend.

    ReplyDelete