LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Winter Fun Sledding!

On Friday, Greg promised Evan we'd go sledding sometime this weekend. Well Saturday was shot since Greg and I went car shopping because his lease is quickly approaching the end. I really hate car shopping. It takes up way too much time and then they try to go back and forth with you and it's really aggravating. Just give me the bottom line or if I tell you what we want to pay let me know if you can do that or not. No instead they have to come up with all these excuses of why the price keeps changing and then sometimes (more times than not) blatantly lie to your face. Which is what happened to us on Saturday. All the sudden one of the lease incentives was no longer available which we knew it was because it was good through Feb. 1st. A total lie which we knew AND confirmed later on when we got home and looked on the internet. I mean seriously, do car dealers think you're that stupid and will just believe everything they say? Well, maybe some people, but not us. They've now lost a customer (this would be the third car we've purchased from them) unless they come way down on price for the car Greg really wants. So anyway, that took all our afternoon Saturday so no time for sledding.

Today ended up being nice and sunny, but COLD. It was still a good day for sledding so we took both kids over to Granger Park where there is a big sledding hill. Evan and Greg have been there before, Em and I never have. I always stayed home with her last winter because she was too little to go down the big hills (or semi big hills). I'm not real into the whole cold and sledding down hills, but since Em is bigger now she could go so we made it a family outing. Evan did all the hills big and small. Em on the other hand was a little hesitant about going down the bunny hills. She was more into being pulled around on the old fashioned sled that used to be Kaite's and staying on the flat surface (she did this last winter too). She did go down the small hills a couple times though. Both her and Evan had fun! Once Em saw her brother doing some things she wanted to try too (except the really big hill). It was a fun morning, but I was frozen by the time we were done! Evan and Greg finished up on the big hill while Em and I warmed up in the car. Here's a few photos from our sledding adventure. I posted most of them on Facebook, but I'll share some of them again here!

My cheesy snow bunny!
Evan and Greg going down one of the smaller hills.
(My camera died when it was time for them to go to the big hills.)
Emmaline and Greg going down the bunny hill finally after she got brave enough! (I think Em was a little surprised how much fun it was!)
Evan wanted to go down the hill without the sled...
... and then Emmaline had to do the same! She liked going down the hill on her bum!
She had fun just pulling the sled around too while brother was on the big hills!

That's a little bit of our sledding adventure! More pictures on Facebook of our winter fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment