LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Is This The Next Beautiful Baby?

For those of you that don't know, I'm a big fan of Live with Regis and Kelly. It's my morning entertainment unless I'm busy and then I DVR it and watch it at a later time. The host chat is my favorite part. Regis cracks me up with many of his stories. Every year they have a beautiful baby search and the winner gets to be on the cover of Parenting magazine. When I had Evan several people told me I had to enter him in the contest because he was so cute. Then I had Emmaline and again was told I had to enter her in the contest because she was so cute. Of course I think they're both cute because they're my kids. However, when I'm told several times by different people that I should enter this contest, it makes me think, "hey maybe they got a chance." I also think that my friends have some really cute kids too that should be entered.

For the past five years since I was able to enter Evan, I've sent in pictures of him. Then after Em was born I've sent in pictures of her. Then every year I watch at the end of February/early March to see if they're chosen. And every year we've had no luck. I guess it's like a needle in a haystack, because the 100's of thousands of entries they receive seems like it has to be luck to get picked. Seriously do they really look through all of them? I wonder. There's the option of mailing in a photo or entering online. I've switched it up from time to time and have entered both ways. No luck. I was at least hoping over the years I'd see one of the kid's picture in their online gallery or on display in the studio during baby week when they chose the top five. No such luck. I don't think my kids are the only beautiful babies in the world, but there are some babies that just aren't cute. And some of those babies have been in the online gallery or in their studio displays. I just don't get it. Not to mention that a few years, I wouldn't say the winners that were chose were the most beautiful.

So with that said, once again I'm giving it a whirl and entering the contest this year. Unfortunately Evan isn't eligible anymore, he's too old (6 months to 48 months is the age limits). So it's a solo entry for Emmaline this year. I've received some wonderful comments about the picture on facebook, so I'm hoping the people on Live with Regis and Kelly/Parenting Magazine think the same thing. If only my wonderful friends were picking! So I ask you.... Is this the next beautiful baby for the cover of Parenting magazine?


I think so, but do Regis and Kelly think so???? This is the picture I submitted. Keep your fingers crossed she makes the top 10 or at least gets her picture shown!

No comments:

Post a Comment