LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bathroom Project Completed

Here it is the end of another weekend dear readers, and I've managed to accomplish the bathroom painting project! A pat on the back and three stars for me! I've painted, touched up any needed spots, cleaned the bathroom again, and got the new towels washed and hung! Woo hoo! It feels so good to have it done. Greg surprised me on Friday, by staying home for the afternoon. He had some time to take off since he worked late earlier in the week. So after lunch I went at it and in about a hour and a half I was done... with the first coat. I planned to do the second coat on Saturday. Then Friday night after the paint was completely dry I had second thoughts. It ended up being a little darker than I thought. Ugh... what to do! I had chosen a shade lighter than our bedroom. It ended up looking almost like our bedroom. Now I had to decide, did I want to try to lighten the paint, leave it as it was, or get some new paint and go two shades lighter than our bedroom. On Saturday after looking at it in the daylight, I could tell that it was lighter than our bedroom. It just wasn't as light as I was thinking I wanted it before I painted. So after taking a whole day to decide, this morning I went with keeping it as it is. It's not that it looks bad, just not as light as I intended. It does look much better than the before. Now I'm wondering why I didn't paint a long time ago! Isn't it crazy how you live with something for so long and you're fine with it, then you change something as simple as a paint color and it's like wow, why did I wait so long! I'm happy with it, and now I've got the itch to do some more projects on my list. This one has been something I've wanted to do for three years! So without further ado, here's the old and the new bathroom pics!

The old color at one angle...
The new color at the same angle!
The old color at a different angle...
The new color at that angle.
The old color at another angle...
One last picture of the new color !

So there it is. All freshly painted, clean, and new towels ready to be used! It will be nice to have our bathroom back after using the kids for a couple of days!

In other news from the weekend, Greg and I had a kid free Saturday again! The kids went to stay with Greg's mom for the night. We were going to have date night and go to P.F. Changs for dinner. That didn't happen since there was a two and a half hour wait when we got there shortly after 5pm. This happened to us about a year ago when we tried to have date night at the end of January. We had planned to go to P.F. Changs for dinner and then to a movie. The wait was two hours then and we drove all over trying to find a place to eat and everywhere was crazy busy. We ended up at Qdoba. This year, we decided to just try the Spartan Hall of Fame cafe and then go home and watch the Conan finale and a movie. We lucked out, no wait. When we got home, we did watch the Conan finale from the night before in piece and quiet with no interruptions. It was really good I thought. I'm sad to see Conan go. I hope he comes back with a new show somewhere! We also watched Paul Blart: Mall Cop. I had bought it the day after Thanksgiving for $5. It was funny. It made me miss The King of Queens. We loved that show. Today we got our taxes all done so that's nice to have out of the way. Now it's about bedtime and Greg is working from home tomorrow so we'll see how that goes and what the day brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment