LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, January 11, 2010

Food Shortage???

Yesterday we went to Sam's for a couple things and by the time we got to the checkout the lines were a mile long. We had two things and of course no express line open and only about a total of four lanes open. It was ridiculous! I was almost about to walk out and say skip it, but by the time Greg was getting the kid's coats on them the line we were in was moving. Then we came home and a couple hours later I ran to Meijer and that place was crazy too! It was a madhouse, and about half the stuff I wanted was out. As I was walking up and down the aisles, it seriously was really strange because the shelves were bare! It was day one of their ad and nothing on the shelves in the ad. More so than normal. Usually Meijer runs out of their sale stuff early, but not on the same day their ad comes out. This is what I saw as I was shopping! I just so happened to have my camera in my purse still from when we went sledding earlier in the day!


See, now you believe me! No juice, no bread, no fresh meat, no frozen meat, no bottled water, and the list could go on! It was crazy, this is just a sampling! I couldn't figure it out, was there a food shortage coming I didn't know about? Finally when I was checking out which was a nightmare, all, but 2 lanes at Meijer were open (and they have 30+ lanes) and the lines were all long it dawned on me! The MSU students were back! Sunday was the first day for them to be back in the dorms and that's why Meijer was so ridiculously busy. Apparently none of the students were fed over break because they raided the shelves at Meijer that's for sure!

The only good thing about the students being back means Evan gets to go back to school this week! Yipeeeeeeeee! It's been a long break, and I think he's more than ready! His preschool is on the same schedule as MSU since the student teachers are all from MSU. So finally on Wednesday he goes back! Hopefully him being back in school will allow me to get the terrible two's tamed down! If not, I just might go crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment