LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cleaning & Rearranging

Hello readers! Have you missed me? Sorry I haven't been blogging much. I've kind of been in a funk with my blogging in this new year. I didn't really know what it was, but then it kind of hit me when I read my friend Ann's blog. I feel the same as she is, nothing really exciting has been happening in our household, and I really haven't had anything to blog about. I can blog about nothing which is what I'm doing right now, but then that wouldn't be very exciting to read about everyday for you loyal readers. I feel bad because I know some of you check daily. Here it is the 14th of January already, and I've only had 6 posts. Geez I really need to make some things happen so I have something to right about! It seems like it's always everything happening at the same time and then I have a ton of things to write about. Then when nothing is happening I have nothing to write about. I'll try to get out of this funk and get thinking of some good things to write about.

Over the past few days though while I haven't been blogging I've been doing lots of cleaning and rearranging of things. I spent two hours rearranging the furniture the other day. If you know me well, you know I like to move the living room furniture around often. Well, I just moved it before Christmas to accommodate the tree. Then we took the tree down, and I left the furniture how it was. It just wasn't seeming very cozy. The kids got lots of new toys for Christmas, and I've been trying to make room for everything and rearrange toy baskets, and get these toys under control and organized. Then I had the couch right by the front door when you walk in and it just seemed to "heavy" there and made the room feel all "boxy." So then I read Ann's blog one night and she had moved her living room, and it got me thinking about ours. So on Tuesday I spent the morning rearranging and did some good cleaning behind the furniture. I like how it is now I think. It's a little different than I've ever had it so it's a nice change. I'd take a picture, but at the moment there's a million toys all over the floor so it doesn't look so pretty!

Next up was our laundry room. It really is a catch all place for everything and anything. I had it cleaned and then Christmas came and went and there's been empty boxes, gift bags, winter stuff, etc. piling up. Not to mention baskets of laundry. So I've been working on cleaning that too. I'm almost done. I did get one of my new Uppercase Living expressions hung in the laundry room which I think is really cute. Here's what it looks like.


Since yesterday was Evan's first day back at school, I managed to get some upstairs cleaning done too. Those dang full laundry baskets never seem to want to put themselves away! Why is that? So while Em napped I got almost all the laundry put away that's been sitting around except for her stuff of course. Then I dusted our bedroom, it was a little overdue. I've got some more cleaning to do before my Uppercase Living open house I'm having tomorrow night here. The new spring/summer catalog is out and it's filled with fabulous new things! They've really come out with some neat things this season!

In other news, we've got company for the weekend. When I picked Evan up from school today, he had "the backpack" which meant Scooby Doo is coming for a visit. He was super excited when he got in the car. He said, "Mommy I get Scooby for the whole weekend." I had to think for a minute, but yes it's Thursday so that means it's the weekend for school since no school on Fridays. Plus there is no school on Monday for MLK Jr. Day so it's an extra long stay for Scooby this time! As the weekend nears, it looks like it will come and go faster than the weekdays. I've got the Open House tomorrow night, Em has a playdate Saturday, then I think we're headed to the Auto Show in Detroit later on Saturday, and Evan has a birthday party to go to on Sunday. I'll try hard find some blogging time in between all that so you have something to read! Now I'm off to spend some time with the kids. It's just the three of us tonight. Greg has to work until about 10:30pm. He did some interviews earlier today and had a meeting to attend this evening with students and professors who are working on some relief efforts for the earthquakes in Haiti. He's got to put everything together to have the video up and running on the MSU website by morning. Deadlines people, deadlines! My prayers do go out to all those affected in the Haiti disaster. I can't even imagine! Please pray for those people and help if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment