LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bathroom Floors & Blinds Are Not My Friends!

Hey folks! It's almost the weekend! Yippeee! This week actually kind of went by fast. Maybe that means the weekend will go slow! (I know wishful thinking!) Yesterday, I made a trip to Home Depot and got the paint so now there's nothing really stopping me from getting the bathroom done! Evan keeps asking me if he can help. Oh how I wish he was older and could help me! I'm thinking it probably wouldn't go to well and would take me twice as long if I let him get into the paint! Looks like I'm doing this project all on my own since Greg has absolutely no interest in helping. I don't mind painting so much unless it's a bathroom because there's a million things to tape around. I did the kids bathroom soon after we moved in this house and it didn't take me too long so I'm hoping this time around goes quickly too!

The other day I cleaned the bathroom, everything except for the floor. I hate cleaning bathroom floors! So today I spent a chunk of the afternoon on my hands and knees scrubbing the bathroom floor really good. Oh, how I hate bathroom floors, did I mention that? I also cleaned the blinds in the bathroom. F.Y.I. I hate cleaning blinds too. Both are a real pain, and are not enjoyable in the least bit! After I finished cleaning today, I decided... bathroom floors and blinds are not my friends. I do not and NEVER will enjoy cleaning either of them! It feels good now that it's done, but it was not a fun way to spend part of my afternoon. If anyone wants to volunteer next time around feel free to let me know. Spring is coming and all my other blinds will need cleaning too so I welcome volunteers for that too!

Now that I've got the bathroom all nice and clean it's ready to be painted. My goal is to get started tomorrow, however now Greg is not working from home this week so we'll see how it goes with the two kids. My only chunk of time will be when Em is napping so that will depend how much I get done!

A couple miscellaneous items... yesterday I was watching Ellen and it was super duper funny. If you've never seen the clip of Dennis Quaid in Starbucks on Ellen (from a past episode) you're missing out! Ellen had sent Dennis into Starbucks wearing an ear piece and she told him what to say. I've seen it about 10 times and it never gets old and is still as funny as the first time. Yesterday Ellen had Dennis Quaid on again and she did a new skit with him. This time Dennis Quaid went into his dressing room and a delivery guy brought him lunch. Once again she commanded him what to say while the delivery guy was there. Sooooo funny! If you didn't see it you can catch the video clip on her website ellentv.com.

Last thing before I head off to bed. Today was trash day so last night I was gathering all the trash that needed to go out. I was out in the garage fridge and noticed something smelled funny. There was so leftover pizza in there so I thought it was that. I threw it out and it still smelled. Then I looked in the drawers (which I hardly ever use)... NOTE TO SELF: don't put sweet corn (or anything for that matter) in the drawers in the garage fridge! Yes, that's right sweet corn had been left in there since Labor Day weekend! I know it's so gross, sorry! This is why I hardly ever use the drawers in that fridge because I forget about stuff since that's our extra fridge. We pretty much just use it for extra milk, pop, and water, and the freezer for my jam. The thing with the sweet corn, or not so sweet anymore is... it didn't smell all this time. Neither of us ever noticed anything smelling until last night. It's so weird. I know it didn't get moldy overnight, but apparently it got smelly overnight! Thank goodness it was trash day today so it didn't have to sit in the curby! O.k. folks I'm off to bed now!

No comments:

Post a Comment