LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Almost better!

*Note- I've been having computer issues and just realized I didn't publish my blog post from Thursday so if you didn't read yet, you may want to read before this. My computer screen has been going black. I have to close the screen and open it back up and sometimes it comes back on and sometimes it doesn't. It's been a real pain and a lot of the time it will only come back on if the screen is open just a little bit. Which in turn means I can't use my computer unless I want to peek through the slim opening. I think it's going to have to go in and get fixed. I keep putting it off though because I just can't be without a computer. So if you're not hearing from me then that's why because I'm having computer issues. Anyhow, onto blog business now!

I got into the doctor on Friday morning which I was so happy about. The doc said pretty much everyone the office had seen this past week had the same thing as I did. More than likely it was a touch of influenza and possibly I could have strep throat. She didn't think it was necessary to do a strep test because they're not always accurate, but the prescription she was giving me would cover all the above. So I got some meds, and by Friday evening I was feeling so much better. I could finally swallow without my throat killing and felt so much relief from the soreness and throat irritation I'd been dealing with all week. I've got to take the meds for five days, but I'm already pretty much back to normal. I think I'm about 99%! I'm going into Evan's school on Tuesday to help out so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I don't get all the little kiddo germs all over me! :)

Our weekend was pretty relaxing. Evan brought home a ton of homework on Friday so we've been working on that all weekend. I still can't even believe the stuff they do in kindergarten these days! Like this math sheet below:
I swear I did not do math worksheets like that in kindergarten. Isn't that more like first/second grade? Evan's been working on his journal for the past month that he has to write at least three times a week. He must write at least two sentences and draw a picture. His teacher asked us at conferences to "push" him a little more and do more than two sentences because she said Evan's a great writer and knew he could do it. So we have and he's done a great job. The homework journal goes back tomorrow and he'll be graded on it for his report card coming home in the next week.

Yesterday the kids went to see Rango with Greg's mom. We could have gone with them, but since there are a couple other movies out we wanted to see we seized the opportunity to go to our own movie while we were kid free. We went to see Just Go With It starring Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler. I love Adam Sandler, he's very funny. However I wasn't sure how funny it would be with him and Jennifer Aniston together. Surprisingly it was very funny and we both enjoyed the movie. It was a little predictable, but still funny and we got some Saturday afternoon laughs! It was movie day on Saturday and after some grocery shopping we came home and watched Couples Retreat. The movie was good, nothing over the top, but not horrible.

That was pretty much our excitement over the weekend. It was nice to have a low key weekend and not have to have a million things planned. I did make some new muffins Friday night that turned out excellent! I ran across a recipe for monkey muffins and thought I'd make them for our neighbor Liana for her birthday which was Saturday. You really can't go wrong with peanut butter, bananas, and chocolate chips! Yum-o! I'll be posting the recipe soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better! And that seems like quite the math set for kindergarten. I have vague memories of learning how to tie my shoes and memorizing my phone number and listening to stories and taking naps in kindergarten. Things have definitely changed!

    ReplyDelete