LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Birthday Week Wrap Up

Well, here it is Sunday night and the birthday week has been great! My St. Patty's Day birthday started off with gorgeous weather for March here in Michigan. It was like 65 and sunny! Greg surprised me with taking the morning off. He took Ev to school for me and picked him up. I had a leisurely morning and then met him and the kids at Noodles & Co. for lunch. Of course it had to be Noodles for lunch, right? It's my favorite place to go for lunch, and I had a free birthday entree coupon to use anyway. However, when we got to Noodles I realized I walked out of the house without my coupon. I tried to pull the email up on my phone, but couldn't find it and the manager still gave my my free entree anyway. That tells you how well she knows us. Lol. I had my favorite spicy Indonesian Peanut Saute. Mmmm mmmm good! Love it!

Greg went to work after lunch, and the kids and I headed home. We stopped for a shamrock shake on our way home. Yum-o! Have to have a shamrock shake on St. Patty's Day of course! I've gotten my kids hooked on them too. :) I had a few things to do when we got home, and then I took the kids to our neighborhood park. I decided it was too nice to stay inside so I let Em skip her nap. It was our first visit to the park this year! The kids had a blast and we were there for an hour and a half! The weather was perfect and we ran into my friend Wesley and Jess so the kids had fun playing with Chloe and Grace too. A perfect birthday afternoon with my kiddos!

After Greg got home from work we headed over to Spartan Hall of Fame Cafe for dinner. Our friend Brenda and her daughter joined us, as well as our friends Rich and Liana. It was nice to hang out and catch up with everyone while we watched a little bit of the March Madness there. I got my green beer which made me a very happy birthday girl! The kids got a special treat too and got to order green Sprite! They thought that was very cool! After dinner we headed home so we could watch the Spartans in the first round of the tourney. Unfortunately the team that needed to show up didn't, and the Spartans were knocked out of the tourney right away. A very short run this year in March Madness makes for a very boring tourney for us. I guess they can't win them all and make it to the Final Four every year, but 14 straight appearances is something to be proud of. Next year will be better, I'm sure of it! Still love my Spartans!

I got almost everything on my birthday wish list. I got the cookbook from Greg's mom. The kids and Greg got me martini glasses, a cocktail shaker, and a brownie pan. However the pan wasn't exactly the right one so I'm going to exchange it, and the shaker Greg got me was way to big so I'm going to look around for another one. My sister and Kaite also got me some martini glasses (thank you) so I have to decide which ones to keep and which ones to take back. Or maybe I'll keep both then lots of people can come over to drink! I've looked and so has my sister for an egg separator which is nowhere to be found. Apparently nobody carries them anymore. Weird! The iPad 2 will hopefully soon be mine. I didn't know it was going to be so hard to get, but it is. So I'm on a wait list at Best Buy. It's no real rush so I get it when I get it. Probably it will be about three more weeks.

Friday we headed down to my sisters for the weekend. Friday night we went to Chick-Fil-A another one of my favorite places. Another perfect birthday treat! On Saturday we had a 90th birthday party to go to. The neighbors (Bob & Betty) that live across the street from my dad have always been like a fourth set of grandparents to my sister and I. Bob's birthday is the day after mine and he turned 90! It was great to see them again, as we don't get down there very often. Saturday evening we met my step-mom for dinner (my dad was out of town for work) at Pete's Patio in Niles. This restaurant goes way back for all of us as we used to go there all the time when we were little. I love love love the pizza there. So when I get down that way and get the chance I try to have a Pete's pizza. It's been a long time since I had it last, so Saturday night was yet another special birthday week treat! A bloody Mary and Pete's pizza was the perfect dinner to round out the birthday meals this week! Thanks to my step-mom for treating us to some delicious Pete's pizza. I even get to enjoy it tomorrow for lunch since we had left overs!

Today we didn't do a whole lot. My dad got back in town before we headed home so we got to see him before we got on the road. He had a bunch of t-shirts and stuff for the kids which they love so I was glad the kids got to see grandpa before we left. I also requested some beef and noodles while we were down which my step-mom made, thank you thank you! It's one of Ev's and my favorite things. Was a perfect lunch on this rainy day before we headed home. Greg's mom kept Molly for us over the weekend which we really appreciated, thank you, thank you! It just makes the trip so much easier with two kids! She also treated us to dinner at Bravo when we got home which was nice so I didn't have to cook.

I can't complain about the birthday week at all. It was a great week. However the cold weather today with the rain was not welcome so hope the sunshine returns soon! Thanks to everyone who made my birthday so wonderful! I really appreciate it! Now Monday is creeping up so I think I should probably head to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment