LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

End Of The Month

Wow, another month has flown by. I can't believe it's the end of March. My lease on my car is up in about a month and a half so Greg and I headed to Novi to the car dealer to talk new cars. My last two cars we got from Varsity Lincoln Mercury in Novi. Well, now that Ford is no longer making Mercury it's just called Varsity Lincoln. They also have a location in Ann Arbor that is all Fords- Varsity Ford. I'm so sad that Ford doesn't make Mercury anymore. I LOVE my Mountaineer. I never drove the car before we got it, and I totally have loved it for the almost three years that I've had it. It's been a great car. I love the size of it and how it drives. We met with Denise who is so great to work with there. She can also deal with Fords even though they're not at her location. Basically we knew what car we wanted. Since there are no more Mountaineers, we had to go with the Ford Explorer. It's pretty much what is comparable to my Mountaineer. There's some really good leasing deals on Lincoln's right now so we thought about the Lincoln MKX, but I didn't want anything smaller. Greg gets a Ford discount through MSU so that's why we pretty much aren't looking at anything else. After looking at the all new Explorer and talking some options we made a decision. Apparently right now the Explorer is a very hot item. They're few and far between around here, or anywhere for that matter. After Denise searched for one that fit our criteria, there were none to be found. We don't really want to pay extra for options we don't need. So with that, we decided to just order one. It will be built just for us with the color we want and the options that we want. The only problem is that it looks like it's going to be two months for it to be built and my lease is up sooner than that. Ugh. We'll either have to do a lease extension or try to get by with one car for a couple of weeks. Until then I'm going to enjoy my Mountaineer because I'm going to miss it when it's gone.

I can't believe I went to Novi and didn't hit up Trader Joe's, Home Goods, or Tomato Brother's for dinner. It was a fast trip and we had to get back, but hopefully next time! Speaking of Home Goods, I don't think I've told you that there is one coming to Lansing! I'm so so excited. The AJ Wright that was in Lansing closed up and word had it that either TJ Maxx, Marshall's, or Home Goods would be going in. Since we've already got the first two in the Lansing area, Home Goods it is that's coming to town. It opens May 1st and I can hardly wait! You know I'll be there right away! No more having to wait until I get to the Brighton/Novi/Canton area to go to Home Goods!

In other news, that same day we were on our way to look at new cars, I got a call from Best Buy that my iPad 2 was in. Oh what a wonderful day!!!! Finally after waiting and waiting. It was our first stop when we got back into town. It's now mine all mine! Well almost, because my little Evan has taken to it quite quickly and LOVES it. All of us are having fun with it. So it looks like I pretty much got all the things on my birthday wish list! Yipeee!

That's about it from here. Evan has two more days of school this week and then it's Spring Break! We're not going anywhere so we'll be hanging around home. I've got some things I want to get done around the house and the kids will probably have a couple playdates.

No comments:

Post a Comment