LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sick

First I'd like to start by wishing my wonderful niece a very happy 15th birthday! I'm not sure how I have a niece who is 15 already, but I do! I must be getting old! Hope you had a wonderful birthday today Kaite and the next year brings you much joy and happiness. I'm so proud of the young lady you've become and you hold a special place in my heart! Happy birthday!

A week ago I started getting a sore throat. I didn't think too much of it and figured it would go away in a couple days. Well, by Friday morning it was ten times worse, and right after I dropped Evan off at school I was feeling a little funny. I was light headed, had a headache, and just wanted to cry from how bad my throat felt. I made it home from school, gave Em a bath, and by the time I was done with that, I couldn't do anymore. I was dizzy, started getting the chills, had a fever, headache, etc. I texted Greg to see if he could pick up Evan because I really didn't think I should be driving. He was able to thank goodness so I curled up on the couch. I was hot, I was cold, I was hot, I was cold. My head was pounding and my body ached all over. By the time Greg and Evan got home from school I was pretty much out of it. I knew I wasn't going to be much help to entertaining the kids Friday afternoon so Greg called his mom to see if she could take the kids for me. She did and I was able to sleep all afternoon. I was so relieved they could go to YaYa's for awhile. A huge thanks to Greg's mom for taking the kids and letting me rest in peace and quiet. The kids actually ended up spending the night so I got to rest quietly all evening on the couch too. I wasn't much company to Greg, but he was a sweetie and ran out Friday night to get me a Shamrock Shake from McDonald's because I knew it would feel good on my throat. Thanks honey, it was the perfect "medicine!"

By Saturday morning I was feeling a lot better. Still had my sore throat and a little bit of a headache, but the fever and chills were gone. Saturday night was a different story and in the middle of the night the fever, chills, and a monstrous headache returned. I was up all night. Sunday was a low key day around the house and finally by late Sunday I was feeling much better again. Everything was finally gone except the damn sore throat. All week I was popping Luden's cough drops and Chloraseptic throat lozenges. By today I'm still not shaking this sore throat so I think I'm going to call the doctor in the morning and hopefully get a same day appointment for Friday. I don't think I can make it through the weekend with this nasty sore throat so hoping I'll get some meds!

No comments:

Post a Comment