LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, March 14, 2011

Birthday Week!

It's officially birthday week around here! I kicked off my birthday celebration over the weekend. On Friday we headed down the street to Jimmy's Pub and had some drinks with friends. It was a nice kid free evening out. I had a few martinis, and Angie insisted on buying me a shot. Jess recommended a Girl Scout cookie shot so I went with it and it was tasty! I can't remember the last time I did a shot. It's been a few years probably. Thanks Angie and Andrew for the shot and martini! We also watched some MSU basketball while there and I celebrated with a Spartini! Here it is with some Spartan B-ball in the background!


It was a fun night that was topped off with a Spartan victory against Purdue in the Big Ten tourney. I was actually amazed how well the Spartans played, and it was like watching last years team all over again. They connected on all levels and played a great game. Jess came back to our house after Jimmy's and we whipped up some Kool-Aid martinis. This time we had grape and it was good, but I think I like the tropical fruit martinis the best so far.

Saturday we were still kid free most of the day. They stayed at Greg's mom's Friday night and hung out there most of Saturday. Greg went into work to paint his new office and I ended up going to get a haircut. I went back to a gal that cut my hair a couple years ago. She's actually at a new place now which is closer so I thought I'd try her again. I have to say I was very pleased with my haircut. I went shorter this time which I'm glad I did. I know my husband would love for me to grow my hair out, but it's just not for me right now. I tried for awhile now, but I was sick of it so time to chop it off some! Saturday night we were lazy around the house with the kids and watched Toy Story. My kids just love that movie... all three of them!

Sunday flew by with the time change. While I didn't like losing an hour of sleep, I love it being lighter longer. It definitely means warmer weather, walks at night, and playing at the park are in the near future! We took the kids to the library Sunday afternoon. We exhausted our stack of books from a couple weeks ago and we've got the second half of reading month to get through! We're doing great with reading this month and I love how much my kids are into it! Then last night it was selection night for March Madness, and after crossing my fingers for 40 minutes during the selection show the Spartans made it in. They're a #10 seed this year and take on UCLA in Tampa on Thursday. I'm thinking my beloved Spartans will be giving me a birthday win. I mean really, it's all about green on St. Patty's Day so it's gotta be the Spartans night to get a "W" right? I sure hope they can play like they did on Friday night. If they can get their act together and do that then they could go far in the tourney. If they can't, then they'll be out quick. Fingers crossed again, good things happen!

Now it's Monday of birthday week and only three days until green beer time! I'm not sure exactly what we're doing yet, but it will involve some going out to dinner and watching the Spartans! Don't forget to wear your green on Thursday! Also a shout out to the women's basketball team for getting a #4 seed in the Women's tourney where they'll take on Northern Iowa. Good luck to the men's and women's basketball this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment