LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's March!

It's that time of year again folks. It's March and coming from the Shearwater Nest that means it's BIRTHDAY MONTH. Let the countdown begin, only 16 days until my birthday! I love the month of March for other reasons besides my birthday! As an aunt, I love that my niece shares the same birthday month as me, and that our birthdays are exactly two weeks apart. As a teacher, I love that my birthday month is also reading month. Which coincides with Dr. Seuss' birthday tomorrow that is also "read across America day." As a sports fan, I love March Madness! Although MSU is hanging by a thread as to whether they'll make the tourney or not, I still like March Madness. It won't be the same if MSU isn't in the tourney, but it'll still be fun to watch the games. I also love March because it means that winter is near it's end and spring officially begins on March 20th. Lots of things to look forward to this month!

We're going to be reading everyday this month to celebrate reading month. Whether it's me reading to the kids or them reading to me. Tomorrow I'm taking the kids to the library to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday. It's been awhile since we've been there and the kids have been asking so I think tomorrow is the perfect day to go pick out some books! Before I leave you tonight, I have a cute story to share about my Evan. After school today, he got in the car and I asked him what he did today (he always has to tell me at least three things). He was telling me about doing the Smartboard at school with the new calendar for March, and that he learned that march 20th is the first day of spring. He then went on to tell me he got picked to go up to the board and mark a special day (A handful of students get picked each day to mark special days on the calendar, i.e. their birthday, a holiday, a vacation, etc.). He said, "Mom, I marked your birthday on the calendar on the 17th which is St. Patrick's Day because that's a special day. I wanted everyone to know it's your birthday on that day." Awww, my little Evan melted my heart. Especially since I always hear from his teacher how much he talks about his dad in school and how he's always missing his dad. My little guy was thinking about his momma today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment