LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, December 14, 2009

The Christmas Baking Has Begun

Tonight we had our friend Brenda over for dinner. She used to work with Greg until she was one of the five who lost their job a month ago when they layoffs were announced. She's having back surgery on Wednesday and she's going to be laid up for a couple weeks from surgery. So I thought it would be nice to have her and her daughter over for dinner with everything that's been going on. I made lasagna for dinner, and I didn't really have anything for dessert so I thought I'd start my holiday baking! I decided to start off with something new I've never made before. When we were at the work Christmas party number one someone brought these pretzels with Hershey kisses and they were so good. I knew they'd be super simple to make so I whipped them together today. They take absolutely no time to make and believe me when I say they are so yummy! I think they're going to be a new tradition to make along with my other regular Holiday baking goods! Here's the recipe if you want to call it a recipe. Basically it's three items and about 10 minutes of your time. There's a few different names for them so I've included all below!

Chocolate Pretzel Buttons/ Pretzel Hugs/ Pretzel Kisses
Ingredients:
1 bag of small round pretzels
1 bag of Hershey Kisses or Hugs
1 bag plain M&M's

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees
  2. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
  3. Fill cookie sheet with as many pretzels as will fit
  4. Top each pretzel with a Hershey Kiss or Hug (the Hugs melt faster than the kisses)
  5. Place in oven for 2-5 minutes (I used Hugs so two minutes was plenty) and remove when Hug/Kiss begins to soften just enough to press M&M in the middle.
  6. Top each with a M&M. (I used holiday M&M's so they were green and red)
  7. Place in fridge for about 15 minutes until chocolate firms up.

Enjoy because they won't last long! I'm already planning on making more! Here's what they look like!


Hopefully by this weekend I'll have the rest of my baking done. I'm trying to narrow down what I'm going to make this year. I have a couple things I make every year and then some years alternate some of the cookies I make!

2 comments:

  1. Well, those are beautiful and sound very easy to make. I'm not much of a holiday baker, but I think I might be tempted to give them a whirl! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a whole bunch of these tonight - so easy and very tasty. Thanks again for sharing the recipe. Also, just an FYI that I bought a variety of different Kisses and the caramel ones and the cherry ones don't work - HA! The chocolate doesn't really melt and then when you put the M&M on, the filling oozes out. Live and learn! Best to stick with the Hugs or the regular Kisses!

    ReplyDelete