LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My New Ride For A Couple Days

Yesterday I had to take my car in to get the steering checked. Something hasn't been working right with the power steering for awhile so I thought it was time to get it looked at. We got my car from Varsity Lincoln Mercury in Novi. Great place to get a car if you're in need. Anyway, since it's about an hour drive from here, the gal we work with always offers to give me a loaner car if my car needs to go in AND she'll meet me half way to swap cars. So nice of her. I could take it to the dealer in town, but then I'm without a car or I'd had to pay to rent a car. So with that said, yesterday I had to meet Denise (our salesperson) in Howell to swap cars. Greg's mom kept the kids the night before so that was nice I didn't have to lug the kids and switch car seats around. Denise gave me her car to drive for a couple days. Well really it's the dealer's car, but it's what she's driving right now. So my wheels for yesterday and today are below.


It's a very nice car- Lincoln MK S. Fully loaded and it's got so many bells and whistles the car can almost drive itself! You don't even need a key to start it. Push a button and voila... the car is started. There is a remote piece that you have to keep in the car for the button to be able to work, but no putting a key in the ignition! It also has a rear view camera so you can see when backing up, navigation system, etc. Very nice, but it's a little weird to get used to driving at first because I'm so used to sitting up high in my Mountaineer. We have to meet again tonight to switch back, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this nice ride while I have it.

Since I was already that way to switch cars, I made a quick trip to Home Goods in Brighton. It's only like 15 minutes from the outlet mall so I figured I might as well. I just love that store. I could spend hours in there just looking around! There is a lot of neat things in that store, but there are also some rather strange items that I often wonder, "Who would put this in their house?" One thing in particular that I came across was this bedroom furniture set.


The chair isn't bad. I actually like it. It wouldn't go with things in our house, but in the right place it would be nice. The mirrored dressers and the mirrored floor lamp on the other hand are a little bit different. O.k. a lot different. I don't know, some of you may like them, but they're just not my style. They look a little too gaudy for me. I mean really... does one really need that many mirrors on their dresser. What ever happened to a mirror above your dresser? Apparently that's out and mirrors on the whole thing is in. I guess that's why we're all different because while I didn't purchase this ensemble, someone else will probably come along and do so!

After Home Goods I made a quick run to a couple of stores at the Outlet Mall. I had to peek in the Coach store to see what was new. They were having an extra 20% off everything! Too bad Santa wasn't with me to shop. Needless to say I walked out without any purchase. I finished up a few last minute errands when I got back home. Yesterday was our neighbor friends the Marr's daughter Veronica's birthday so we'd like to wish her a very Happy Birthday!

As Christmas Eve is quickly approaching tomorrow and Christmas in only two days, you'll probably be hearing a little less from me for the rest of the week. In case I'm not back on until after the holidays I'd like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! If you have little one's I hope you have a very special time with them. I know we're looking forward to seeing the kids get their stuff from Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment