LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Christmas Decorating Has Begun

Today, I finally got it in gear, and went to the basement and lugged up the tubs of Christmas decor. I got a good portion of it done while Em was napping and before I had to pick up Evan from school. When it was time to go get Evan, I had to wake Em up. She was still pretty sleepy when I was carrying her down. The minute we got to the bottom of the stairs she had seen the Christmas decorations, her head popped right up! She said, "Oh, nice!" Then quickly hopped down and went around inspecting the decorations.

After we got back from getting Evan, we walked in the door and he too noticed the decorations right away. He said, "mommy, I see you have been doing some decorating while I was at school." He and Emmaline both had to go around the house and check the decorations out. Emmaline had to stop and sniff every Christmas candle that I put out. She would stand at the candle for the longest time and put her little nose right up to it and sniff, sniff, sniff. I don't know why I didn't snap a picture, but I should of because it was so cute! Evan was very excited and wanted to finish decorating. I had a few other things to do and get dinner ready so I told him we'd finish after dinner. I did let him and Em help me finish putting up the red bows I hang on the windows before I started dinner. They were both good helpers. I love how my red bows look on the windows, if I do say so myself. I think it really adds the finishing touch! I'll have to take a picture sometime to show you. Both he and Em were very anxious to get their hands on the Christmas decorations.

Greg had to go back into work after dinner, so I was able to finish putting the decorations out. We put on a little Christmas music and continued with the decorating. Both Evan and Em were very anxious to get their hands on the Christmas decorations. Both kids helped me do different parts. Emmaline ended up being more into it than Evan. A new Lightning McQueen cartoon was on t.v. so I think that's why Evan was done so fast decorating. To finish off the decorating, Em and I watched the Rockefeller Tree Lighting in NYC, as we put the finishing touches on. She loved listening to the performances by various singers, I think the Muppets were her favorite. When the tree was lit at the end she got mad when the show was over. Thank goodness I had DVR'd it so we could watch the tree lighting over a few times! I have a lot of small ornaments that I put in bowls for decoration, and Em was all about getting her hands on the ornaments while I was decorating. She was trying to copy everything I did. It was pretty cute! I was surprised that as much as she touched, moved, and dropped things that only one small ornament broke.

It's beginning to look a little festive in here now, but we still need to get a tree. That is on the agenda for this weekend. In the past we've gotten trees from different places. One year we even cut our own tree down. Last year we heard about Habitat for Humanity selling trees, so we got our tree there. All the proceeds from trees sold went directly to Habitat for Humanity. I think we're going to go there again this year for our tree. The price was reasonable and we got a good size tree. So hopefully by Sunday the tree will be up and everything will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment