LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Party #2 & A Holiday Playdate

Wow, here it is Sunday night... where did the weekend go? Friday night we had Greg's work Christmas party #2. It was at a different co-workers house. We had a really nice time and I tried out a new recipe to take that was a hit! I'm going to post the recipe below for you. I got it from my neighbor friend Jenn. I made a buffalo chicken dip. I don't like to make new recipes to take somewhere that I've never tried before. However, this one sounded really good and I trusted Jenn when she told me it was delicious. She was right, it was delish and many were asking for the recipe. It had a little kick to it, but if you like buffalo chicken wings you'll like this. Greg's mom kept the kids for us again so that was nice. They stayed the night so we had a totally kid free night.

Saturday Emmaline had a "holiday playdate." Only a couple of her friends were able to make it. Em, Chloe, and Lucia all had a fun time and it was nice to have a playdate again. It had been awhile. My friend Carla came without her son Duncan. She had told me Duncan would be napping at playdate time, but she still wanted to come hang with us. I'm glad she stopped by. It was nice to catch up with her, as well as with Wesley and Carmen. All three are pregnant and look fabulous! Oh how I miss being pregnant! It was a nice afternoon just the girls! Evan stayed for the afternoon at Greg's mom's and Greg had to work graduation all afternoon.

Today we got the Christmas card picture taken. I think we got a good shot. I have to go look through them all when I'm done here. The kids did a nice job cooperating for me, well for Greg since he ended up taking the picture. My camera wasn't cooperating so it was time to pull out the "good" camera. So while I wanted to have the Christmas cards all done by today, I'm still happy that we got the picture taken. Now I just have to get them printed and addressed... agenda for tomorrow and Tuesday! So that was our weekend in a nutshell! Enjoy the recipe below if you end up making it sometime!

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Set oven to 350
3 cups of shredded chicken
2 cups shredded cheese (Mexi-blend or Colby Jack work well)
1 cup chunky blue cheese dressing
3/4 cup hot wing sauce
1 block of cream cheese ( I use reduced fat)

Mix it all together and put in baking dish. Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment