LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Party

So I've gone M.I.A. the past couple days. It's been a little busy crazy around here. I've got my list of things to do again and trying to accomplish some of that. Not to mention that once again never ending task of laundry. I'm still waiting for those full baskets of clean clothes to learn how to put themselves away. Ugh! Last night we had Greg's work Christmas party. It was at one of the bosses house. We had a nice time. There was lots of good food and conversation. It's fun to hear all the "work stories" that I don't get to hear about all the time. We didn't stay too late because we had to pick the kids up from Greg's mom's. Plus we had a full day planned today so I didn't feel like being out all night. This Christmas party was for the 4th floor which is media communications where Greg works. We just found out this week that now there is another Christmas party next week. It's for all of University Relations, the 3rd floor (marketing) and the 4th floor, so it's a bigger party for both departments. So it looks like this next Friday we will be heading to another Christmas party.

Today we went to get our Christmas tree this morning. I'll tell you more about that later. Then we headed to Grand Rapids for the day to celebrate my mom's birthday. Her birthday isn't actually until Tuesday, but we celebrated a little early. My sister and Kaite were also there. We met for lunch at On The Border, a Mexican restaurant in Grandville. It's one of our favorite places to eat when we're in town there. Then we went back to my mom's for awhile. It was a nice afternoon despite the bad weather they had. We couldn't believe all the snow they got. The ground was covered with about 4 inches and then it snowed pretty much the whole time we were there. We've got nothing here and I'm hoping it stays that way, however I'm not holding my breath.

While we were at my mom's Greg got up in the attic for me. Remember back in May when my mom got on the ladder and fell and broke her wrist and ankle. She was trying to get up in the attic to look for a doll cradle that used to be mine. I figured since we don't get to GR often and since my sister was there, between her, Greg, and I we could get the attic cleaned out. Plus I wanted to get the cradle for Em if it was up there. Greg started cleaning things out and it was pretty much a bunch of empty boxes he found. There were a couple bags of my sister's and my stuffed animals from when we were kids... old Care Bears, etc. Then there was a box with an old toaster, a waffle maker, and silverware. Why in the world my mom ever saved that stuff is beyond me. Can we say garbage, garbage, and more garbage? The garbage man is going to love my mom this week with all the stuff we pulled down from the attic. Unfortunately the doll cradle was not up there, and my mom, sister, and I can not figure out for the life of us what ever happened to that. It's not something we would've put in a garage sale that's why my mom thought it was up there since it wasn't in the basement. So needless to say, unfortunately the eight weeks she was laid up with a broken wrist and ankle was for nothing. Ugh! And where is that dang cradle? It's going to bug me forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment