LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Friday, December 18, 2009

Holiday Snowball Cookie Recipe

Here's the cookie recipe I promised you yesterday. They really are not hard to make at all!

Holiday Snowball Cookies

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups butter, softened (3 sticks) Make sure softened!
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 2/3 cups Nestles Toll House Swirled Holiday Morsels (10 oz. pkg)
1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (I use pecans)
Powdered sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  1. Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt in large mixing bowl until creamy.
  2. Gradually beat in flour.
  3. Stir in morsels and nuts.
  4. Shape into 1 1/4 inch balls. (I use a cookie dough scoop)
  5. Place on ungreased (or parchment paper) baking sheets.
  6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly browned.
  7. Remove from oven and sift powdered sugar over hot cookies.
  8. Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes and then move to wire racks. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar if desired.
Makes 40-45 snowballs.

I got this recipe from a Nestle Toll House recipe card and it says makes 4 1/2 dozen. It depends on the size of your scoop I guess because I've never gotten that many out of a batch. Probably if you just do spoonfuls you may, but I like the scoop because it makes cookie into a good shape. I have been making these cookies for years. They're always a hit! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment