LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Fall Conferences

First of all, Happy December! Crazy, nuts, unbelievable, that it's December already. Did you notice my little Christmas countdown on the right hand side. That's my way of helping you with your Christmas shopping so you know how many days you have left to buy and wrap presents! I know, so thoughtful of me, right? This becomes a very busy month in our household. It's time to get the Christmas tree bought, the Christmas decor up, Christmas presents bought and wrapped, the holiday baking begins, then there's Christmas Eve, and Christmas, and then our little guy (he's not so little anymore, but he'll always be my little guy) celebrates a birthday this month too! This month is going to fly by, I just know it!

Now that it's December, it's nearing the end of the semester at Evan's school so that means school conference time. Today was our day for fall parent-teacher conferences with Evan's teacher, Ms. Schulze. I remember last year when we got a note sent home for our scheduled time for conferences, and it threw me for a loop. I was a little shocked that their were parent-teacher conferences in preschool. Sure enough though there is, and it's nice to find out how your kid is doing even if it's preschool. The conferences are held twice a school year, once in the fall semester and once in the spring semester.

I wasn't too worried about how the conference with Evan's teacher would go. Since I'm in the classroom from time to time, I have had the opportunity to talk with Ms. Schulze throughout the semester. My little guy got a great report! Since he had Ms. Schulze last year, she has really seen him grow over the year. A big change from his first year of preschool to this year. He's doing quite well in all areas and has really become quite the social bug amongst his classmates. Here are some of the strengths Evan has had in the classroom this year:
  • very cooperative
  • demonstrates strong friendship skills
  • positive attitude towards school
  • understands numbers, patterns, and classifying
  • good listening skills
  • enjoys drawing and painting
  • can recognize letters
Most of these are not a surprise to us, but it's nice to hear from his teacher. While I was at school today, I also finished up library cart for the semester. School is done next week until after the holidays so I get a break from doing the library cart. My mom came today to watch Em, thanks Mom, so I was able to get through library stuff faster today without having to chase Emme around. I even got ahead of the game and prepared some library stuff for the new semester since I was flying solo without Em. It felt good to be ahead of the game for a change. So all in all, it was a good day at school. We're proud of you Ev, keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment