LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, December 28, 2009

Our Four Christmases

O.k., I'm back finally. It's been a whirlwind of a weekend, and I feel like I haven't stopped. It's not going to slow down anytime soon since now it's birthday time this week for my little guy. I'll be glad when it's Sunday!

We had four Christmases over the past few days. Our Christmases started on Christmas Eve and went through Saturday. On Christmas Eve we celebrated Christmas number one with Greg's mom. We started off the morning with homemade cinnamon rolls per Greg's request at her house and then opened presents. We all got really nice stuff, and guess what? I got my Flip Video Camera I've been wanting! I'm so excited to be able to video the kids now. Greg got a Blue Ray DVD player so we both have our "toys" to play with while the kids have their toys to play with! Later on we went to dinner at Bravo with Greg's mom and his aunt, uncle and cousins. Here's the kids all dressed up and ready to go to dinner!


Em loved getting dressed up! I once again had the braised Chianti ravioli I had the last time. So good! We had a nice dinner and then it was time to prepare for Santa!

Once the kids were in bed it was time to play Santa, and I'm beginning to think that is becoming a lot of work. As the kids get bigger, so do the presents. We got everything all set up, ate the cookies and drank the milk (well put some crumbs on the plate and put the cookies back in the container more like it. I wasn't feeling like eating cookies at 11:30pm.)

Christmas morning we celebrated Christmas number two. We ended up having to actually wake the kids up about 7am Christmas morning because we were going to be heading to my Dad's so we wanted to get going. When Evan got up he was sure that Santa came during the night. When I got Em up and told her it was Christmas she said, "Santa." I think she really knew what was going on because she was ready to get downstairs! Here's a video of the kids coming downstairs Christmas morning in their Christmas jammies! They were both really surprised with their stuff from Santa!



Evan got his drums and robot that he really wanted plus some. He went to town right away! The boy really does know how to carry a good beat! I was wondering why Santa brought such loud drums though. Haha! Em got her baby and stroller she asked for plus some! I was glad she liked the cradle too since you all know the cradle saga by now. This one will remain with her forever until she has kids and hopefully won't go missing! She saw her new cradle and got her new baby and said, "Baby go night night!" It was too cute. She knew exactly what to do!

After checking out the "goods" from Santa the kids had to make sure Santa ate the cookies and drank the milk. Here they are checking it out and they found that Santa wrote them a letter back!


The kids opened up stuff from their stockings that Santa filled and Em was so funny. She had to line everything up. You can see her line of stuff in the picture below, and yes in case you've been wondering... Santa did bring her some apples!


After doing Santa stuff with the kids, we had our Christmas as a family. Em was most definitely into the presents more this year than last. She needed no help opening stuff! Of course Evan is a pro by now opening stuff. We then headed to my Dad's for Christmas there. This would be Christmas number three. We had a nice Christmas lunch of Polish sausage, ham, fried potatoes, green bean casserole and yummy desserts. Both my kids love the Polish sausage which kind of surprises me! After lunch we opened presents, and I was surprised one of the things I opened was another item from my wish list! I got my new set of knives. I guess now I'm going to have to do some cooking! We had a nice Christmas with my Dad & Step-Mom and everyone got lots of nice stuff! Here's my little princess in her Christmas dress.


Here's a pic of the kids and their cousin Kaite on Christmas day!


On Saturday my Mom came down to my sister's and we had our fourth Christmas. My mom made chicken tetrazzini which is a tradition. I've been making it the past few years since we've had Christmas with my mom and sister at our house, but this year since we did it at my sister's house my mom made it. I will post the recipe soon for you because it's really good! We also had salad and pretzel jello. Mmmm so good! After our lunch it was time to open presents once again! The kids were even surprised with some presents that were sent from their great Aunt Deb and great Uncle Dick in Arizona! They got some neat stuff. Thanks Aunt Deb and Uncle Dick for thinking of them! They loved everything!

So after four Christmases, traveling, and now a house that is trashed with new things, I'm exhausted. We got home yesterday and tore down our tree right away to make some room in the living room for new toys. I still have my other decorations to take down and am hoping to do that today. It's going to take me all week probably to get this place reorganized before birthday party time!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas as well! I've got lots of pictures to share from Christmas, but this post would be way too long. I'll probably post some more later or on Facebook. We also had a fun winter adventure Saturday evening that I want to share with you so that will come soon. A big thanks to all the parents/ grandparents for lovely Christmas dinners and all the great presents! Now who wants to come clean my house and organize all this stuff? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment