LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Catching Up

Here we are again. Time to play catch up since I haven't been on for almost a week. I left off with my "Room A Day" which to be honest isn't going as well as planned, but then again I have two kids so the cleaning is a constant battle. Thursday I got our bedroom cleaned, linens washed, and even some clothes boxed up for Goodwill. Our bedroom is always neglected because it's always the last thing I do because nobody is ever in there, but us. I decided this time I wouldn't leave it for last. It got a much needed cleaning, but unfortunately our bedroom furniture is a dust magnet and it already seems like it could be cleaned again. It'll have to wait though until I get back around to that room. Friday I attacked the living room, and then came the weekend. Nothing really got done on the weekend. So while I did accomplish some rooms, there's still much to be done.

Our weekend had some ups and downs. Friday around 5pm I heard fire trucks coming down the street. They went past the house and stopped about half way down. I knew instantly it was my friend Jess' house. Just one of those feelings you get. When I had run out to look I didn't have my shoes on so I ran back into get them and tore down the street. Thankfully Greg had just gotten home so he could stay with the kids. I saw Jess holding her dog, and from the looks I knew it wasn't good. There had been a fire in her kitchen. She came home and found the house full of smoke. Thankfully nobody was home at the time so everyone is fine. Her husband Steve took their dog to the MSU Vet Clinic where he was well cared for and thankfully after two nights there he's fine too. Unfortunately there's lots of damage to the house. Fire damage in the kitchen, water damage on two levels, and smoke damage throughout the whole house. My heart goes out to Jessica and her family. They will be out of their house for probably three to four months. Jess, I know you read my blog so PLEASE don't hesitate to call if you need anything. We're right down the street!

On Saturday I discovered that Monday was actually Jess and Steve's anniversary. My first thought was "Seriously? What timing!" So not fun to celebrate an anniversary with all this going on. I quickly sent out messages to some of the neighbors to see who would want to chip in for a gift card for them so they could have an anniversary dinner. The neighbors came together wonderfully, and by Monday morning I collected $50 of gift cards to P.F. Chang's that my friend Jenn had laying around and $100 total from 12 other neighbors/families. I went to Eastwood Towne Center to get a gift card so then they could either add to the P.F. Chang's gift card or eat at a few different restaurants over the next few months when they need. Jess and Steve were of course overwhelmed when I gave it to them. It was all of ours pleasure to do it. Try to enjoy some meals on us even though I know you love to cook your own meals Jess! We love ya guys and know you're in our prayers!

Now onto some happy news! Say it with me... "Victory for MSU!" Saturday brought about a day of football, but the most anticipated game of the weekend was MSU vs. ND which we had to wait until 8pm for game time. The first half of the game was boring, but the second half was on fire. Both teams scoring back and forth and just what I didn't want was overtime! Notre Dame scored with a field goal in OT, but my Spartans answered back and on 4th down it was time to bring out the inexperienced field goal kicker for a 46 yard field goal. The odds were not in our favor, but then came the biggest shock to all Spartan fans! A fake and no field goal after all. A sweet 29 yard pass from Aaron Bates to Charlie Gantt who ran it into the end zone to win the game! As Bates is getting ready to throw the pass, I'm of course yelling at the t.v. and shouting, "What are you doing?" Then Gantt catches AND runs it into the end zone and Greg says, "Winning the game!" I do get emotional over games and yes the tears of joy were flowing! Wow, what a finish for a great victory! I LOVE it when we beat Notre Dame! Super super awesome. Coach Dantonio was interviewed and said, "That play is called the Little Giant!" We Spartan fans LOVE LOVE LOVE the "Little Giant!" That's three wins for the Spartans! Keep it up guys!

Sunday we took the kids to the cider mill. It was just a quick trip there this time. It was super busy crazy since there was an Arts & Crafts show going on too. We stayed for a little bit and then got our cider and donuts and headed home. Unfortunately we heard more bad news when we were out there. Coach Dantonio had suffered a heart attack early Sunday morning which was actually soon after the end of the game. Thankfully he got to Sparrow and had surgery and is doing fine. He'll be out some games, but were so happy he's doing well now. Our prayers go out to the Dantonio family! We love ya Coach D!

A new week is upon us and I'm battling the living room again keeping it clean. The toy situation for some reason is really annoying me lately. Hopefully soon we'll find a resolution so the floor isn't always covered in toys. Today the weather was wonderful. It reached 91 in September! Woo hoo! Now we've got a crazy storm going on. Hopefully it won't wake the kids tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment