LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Tooth Fairy's First Visit

Happy September 1st everyone! Boy that sounds weird to say September. A month ago we were celebrating my little Emme's birthday. Where the heck did that month go? I guess the same place as June and July! Summer flew by! Evan was never more excited than last night to go to bed. He couldn't wait to put his tooth in his tooth box and put it next to his bed! Here's his tooth all set for the tooth fairy.


After he was in bed for awhile, I went up to see if the coast was clear to do my duties as the tooth fairy. He was asleep so I double checked with Greg to see if $5 was enough. He said fine and we headed to his room. I went up next to his bed to open the tooth box and wouldn't you know it, Evan starts to move. I hadn't even touched the box yet so I froze so I wouldn't make any noise. He rolled over a little and then stopped. So I continued with my duties and took the tooth out of the box (careful not to drop it), and then I set five $1 bills on his table and walked out. I figured five $1 bills to a kid looks like more than a just one $5 bill. I came downstairs to put the tooth in a baggie and got on the computer. Then I got to thinking... Is $5 enough for the first tooth? Usually the first tooth out is more than the rest. Then I got to thinking some more... I'd probably better go to bed in case he woke up and saw the lights on and the money on his table. Then he'd be asking me if I saw the tooth fairy come in. So I went up to bed, and as I was brushing my teeth I thought... I really should of put $10 on his table because I know he's going to want to spend it and what can he buy for $5? I then went back downstairs and got $5 out of my wallet and headed back to his room. He was still asleep so I quietly walked in and put the $5 bill on his table, walked out and went to bed.

In the morning Evan wasn't up right away like I expected. He slept in a little and when he got up he came downstairs with his tooth box and said, "Look mom, my tooth is gone! I got money!" I asked him how much he got and he told me lots of ones. He went back up to get the money to show me. We counted it out and he was beyond thrilled when I told him $10. The joy on his face brought delight to my morning so one check for this mom for putting the extra $5 on the table before bed! Good call, if I do say so myself! He's so excited to go out and spend it. He tells me he's going to buy lots of Spartan stuff so we'll see.

Here's my little guy minus one tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment