LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, September 13, 2010

Our New Neighbors

I told you in my fun fact last Monday that Evan has found a new buddy, our new neighbor. I promised I'd tell you in a following post. I didn't forget yesterday, but wanted to catch you up on other things. So anyway, the blue house next door has been empty for almost a year. Sometime in June it went up for sale. We saw a few people look at it and around the beginning of August it was sold. Finally Labor Day weekend our new neighbors moved in. That Thursday before Labor Day they were there painting so Evan and I walked over to invite them to the block party. At the time, I wasn't sure when they were moving in, but wanted to welcome them to the neighborhood and let them know they were welcome to join the party. I met Kate and talked to her for a few minutes and she told me they were moving in the next day, Friday.

On that Sunday, we were outside doing some yard work before the block party and Jim (Kate's husband) was also outside working. He was about to power wash some of their porch and walked over to introduce himself. Greg and I chatted with him for quite some time, and the kids also jumped in on the conversation. Evan especially was Mr. Chatty and took to Jim right away! Jim asked if we needed anything power washed, and he'd do it when he was done with his house. After mentioning that I've been wanting the porch done all summer, he ended up washing the whole front porch area. So nice of him. We really appreciated it. Later that afternoon Jim and Kate ended up not making it to the block party since they were busy unpacking. So after everyone cleared out and we got everything cleaned up from the block party, Greg and I were chilling on the deck. We got to talking and I told Greg I should at least invite Jim & Kate over for a beer or something for power washing the porch. This was about 9:30pm so Evan and I walked over and knocked on their door. Jim was in the middle of doing his football fantasy picks so he couldn't leave, but asked if we could have the beer another time. So Evan being Evan, asking a million questions while we were there, asked Jim what he was doing. Jim showed him the picks he was doing, and Evan was chatting it up. I had to tear Evan away to go back home. Before we left Jim to Evan maybe sometime they could play some football out in the yard. He then made the comment to Evan, "Come knock on my door sometime and ask Kate if Jim can play."

Well, ever since Evan heard that everyday he's been asking if he can go see if Jim can play. What a kid. They played one night during the week and then we were busy with stuff other nights. Evan asked all weekend if he could go see if Jim could play football. Even on Saturday when it was raining. Finally last night after dinner we told him he could go over there to see Jim. He knocked on the door and when Kate answered he said, "Can Jim play football?" Too funny, like he really thought Jim needed permission to play. Both the kids played and Jim and Greg played a lot of "monkey in the middle" keeping the ball from them. We chatted for a bit and before we left Kate offered the kids a brownie which just made their day. We found out that Kate owns a dance studio so maybe Emme will be taking some more dance classes down the road. I'm not sure the time slot for her age group this session is going to work for us, but maybe in the future.

We're pretty much used to not having neighbors next door because even before it was vacant we never saw the guy that lived there very much. It was always pretty quiet. When we saw the sold sign we were keeping our fingers crossed that we'd get some good neighbors, and I think we have. We look forward to getting to know them, and hanging out. I'm pretty sure Evan and Em are too since they're already asking tonight if Jim is home from work yet. Kate works late at the dance studio during the week so poor Jim gets bombarded with our kids in the evening. Don't worry though we're setting limits so the kids aren't over there constantly making them want to move already! LOL. So welcome to the neighborhood Jim and Kate. We're very happy to have you as our neighbors.

Before I finish here, you may have noticed the new poll on the right hand side. If not check it out. I've decided to switch the blog up a bit and am removing the "Fun Facts" for awhile and decided to replace it with a poll. This is totally mindless and is purely just for fun. It's pretty simple, I'll post a question either once or twice a week and if you want to vote go ahead and click. If you don't want to vote you don't have to. There's a time limit to answer so if it's not before the end of the week, then I will likely post a new question mid-week. (Don't hold me to that though in case I get behind.) Feel free to leave me a comment after one of my posts of the week if you want to add anything more than your vote to the question. Remember, it's just for fun! The first one is in honor or the Ellen and Oprah season premieres today. You all know how I love my Ellen show so today was a great day with her season eight premiere! I can't wait to see all the fun and exciting things season eight brings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment