LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Little Mischievous At Naptime

I have to share this because it gave me a good laugh. I put Emmaline down for a nap this afternoon, and while I thought she was sleeping she wasn't. She had other plans for nap time. She wanted to play the role of Little Mischievous! Sometimes Em will get up after I put her down for nap. Usually I hear her open her door and head right upstairs to see why she's getting up. Today however she was sneaky and super quiet. I put her down around 2pm and at about 2:45pm I heard her little potty playing music. I quickly went upstairs because usually if she gets up it's right after I put her down for nap or a couple hours later after she's had her nap. This was only 45 minutes so I was a little puzzled. I got to the top of the stairs and see the kid's bathroom light on. Out walks Little Miss Emmaline and this is what she looked like.


She says, "I pretty!" Yes, that's right. She was busy getting into my makeup instead of napping for that 45 minutes. I'm not sure how long she was playing in the bathroom (which is a little scary in itself), but it was long enough to get my eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner out. Then she had my hairspray and deodorant out too. While, I wasn't happy about what she had done, I was chuckling on the inside when I saw her. I had to laugh about it because at some time or another doesn't every little girl do this. Now that she's up with me in the morning since we have to leave early for school she's been seeing me put on my makeup. I guess she wanted to be like mommy. She knew she was in trouble and I asked her if she had done a good thing or a bad thing. Right away she told me bad thing, so she knew it was wrong. We washed it off before I put her back down for nap and boy did she not like her eyelids being washed. I'm hoping that means she's learned her lesson and won't do it again. I also explained to her that make-up was for big people, and she was already so pretty that she doesn't need make-up. Just another day in the life of Little Miss Emmaline's three year old episodes! Her three's are turning out to be worse than the two's!

No comments:

Post a Comment