LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Room A Day

What beautiful weather we've had this week wouldn't you say? While a little cool in the mornings, it's been very pleasant during the days. I was a little sad that summer came to an end because that means winter is fast approaching. However, once I get over the fact that the warm weather is gone I really do enjoy fall. It's a beautiful time of the year in Michigan. I'm almost to the point that I'm really ready for fall, although I wouldn't mind a couple hot days before months end! With that said this fall I'm taking on a cleaning attack on the house. Usually you think of "Spring Cleaning," but I've decided this fall I'm going to some "Fall Cleaning" with my new cleaning plan of attack. Cleaning can be overwhelming at times, especially with two kids in the house. I feel like it's a constant battle with toys scattered about, laundry baskets needing emptied, and just cleaning- vacuuming, dusting, etc. Now that Ev's off to school in the mornings and it's not so chaotic around here with two kids all day long, I've decided that I'm going to try to make good use of my morning time. I'm hoping I can stick with this, but please don't hound me if I don't.

Now before I go into my cleaning plan of attack here's a few side notes. It's not a complicated plan of attack. It's not just simple dusting and vacuuming of rooms, and it's meant to be a feasible plan of attack. Here it is: It's my "Room A Day" plan of attack. Quite simply, I am going to try to clean a room a day in the time from when I get home from dropping Ev off at school to the time I have to leave to pick him up. It's roughly a 2 1/2 hour time frame that I have. Now remind you I still have Em to tend to so I may not have a whole 2 1/2 hours of time to commit to my room. I thought that if I didn't make the task of cleaning so enormous (trying to get it all done in a day), I'd have more success if I took it in baby steps. I'm doing a "good cleaning" which could include things like wiping stuff down, organizing, dusting, vacuuming, picking up toys, going through piles of paper, etc.

So with that said, I started on Monday and I kicked off my "Room A Day" with a bang actually. I attacked the bathrooms and instead of just one, I cleaned all three bathrooms. (If I'm on a roll and finish one room, and still have time I'm entitled to clean more than one room a day). I got everything cleaned, but the floors which I still need to do. I HATE cleaning bathroom floors (or any floors for that matter) so I always put that off last. Yesterday, I attacked the kitchen. Wiping counters and the outside of the cabinets down, dishes, and going through papers. The island in the kitchen is known to be a collecting spot for the mail and I'm working on trying to keep it cleaner. It's a hard task, but it's improving. Today I ended up not attacking my room for the day. I had to get the dishwasher emptied because the repair man was coming for to fix a recall on our dishwasher. Then I had a couple errands to run so my morning flew by and before I knew it it was time to pick Ev up. So while I didn't get to mark a room off on my list today, I'm proud that I've gotten three bathrooms and the kitchen done in the first three days. My goal is to have this place in tip top shape by the end of the month. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck (not that you need it - I have a feeling that your house is pretty clean on a regular basis)! I need to get on the bandwagon and do this too. Although, apparently I am not as fast as you are as cleaning my master bathroom took me several days - ha! I have a newborn though, so I'm going to use that as my excuse. :)

    ReplyDelete