LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, September 12, 2010

First Week In The Bag

Here, I am and no I didn't forget about my blog. Yes I'm behind again, but that's how it goes. Life gets in the way of blogging sometimes and that's just how it is. Anyhow, here I am and time to update you on the Shearwater Nest happening from the past week. Evan' got his first week of kindergarten in the bag and it was a terrific week! He's loving his school, class, teacher, and making new friends. His excitement to go to school is wonderful, and I keep my fingers crossed it stays that way. He was so excited that he got to go to art class on the first day of school! The second day of school he was such a big boy telling me he could walk in all by himself and he did. (There's drop off at the door and someone right inside to watch the kids.) On Friday he hopped out of the car and walked up to the door then turned around and waved to me. Then he opened the door and stood there and waited for the girl walking up behind him and held the door. Such a gentleman he was, and I was such a proud mommy. Next week is our first FULL week of school so it's probably going to feel like an eternity until the end of the week!

The rest of our week since the first day of school was pretty uneventful. We're just trying to get into a routine now with school and get ourselves on a schedule. Remember I told you Little Miss Emmaline didn't wake up Tuesday morning early to make sure I got up? Well everyday after that she's gotten up by 6:30am and that includes the weekend!Oh how I wish I could get her to sleep later on Saturdays and Sundays. On Wednesday our extra refrigerator in the garage went out. Greg went to get a pop out of the fridge and it wasn't very cold. Then he checked the freezer and everything was thawed out. Ugh! At least it was still cold because I had all my jam in there. I think it will be fine, but just what I didn't want to deal with. Now I'm on the hunt for a used refrigerator for the garage. I hate not having a spare fridge to keep things like water, pop, milk, extra frozen stuff, etc. in.

Our weekend was pretty uneventful and restful. Friday night we hit up Pizza House again for a bloody Mary with our friend Brenda. Saturday was pretty much a full day of football. The weather was rainy and it was one of those days that you didn't feel like doing much and wanted to be lazy around the house. It was mostly a wasted day as far as not getting anything done, but you need one of those days every now and then. At least my Spartans came away with a win! GO STATE! Next weekend the Spartans take on Notre Dame in a night game at Spartan Stadium. I'll be saying my prayers and keeping my fingers crossed all week that they can pull off another win.

Today the weather was absolutely beautiful. Perfect September weather! Greg got in a bike ride this morning, and I did four (or was it five) loads of laundry. Then I finally got out in the garage and got it cleaned up! It's probably been about three months since we've had both cars in the garage. I finally got mine in the garage about a week ago, and now it's all cleaned so tonight both our cars get to "sleep" in the garage. It feels good to have that mess cleaned up! Now it's off to bed soon at a decent time so I can get up in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment