LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Evan's First Day Of Kindergarten

Today was finally the day. Something we've talked about all summer... Evan's first day of kindergarten. Gosh I can remember heading off to my first day of kindergarten like it was yesterday (and we all know it was far from yesterday), and here I am sending my first born child off to kindergarten. Where the past five years have gone I don't know, but my little guy is growing up way to fast! Last night of course I couldn't fall asleep. You would of thought I was the one going to my first day of school. I think it was probably close to 1am when I did fall asleep and soon enough the alarm was going off. Not my Little Miss Emmaline though who for the last month has been my alarm at 6:30am waking me up. This morning when I actually had to get up early guess what? She sleeps in and I had to wake her up! I got Evan up a little after 7am and she was still sleeping. I went in to wake her up about 7:15pm, and she sits up and says, "Why you wakin' me up?" I told her because that's what she always does to mommy and daddy. She says, "But it night time, it not morning time." I told her yes it was morning and we had to take brother to school. She says to me, "Let me check." Peeks out her blinds and says, "Oh yes, yes it is morning. O.k." Then she hopped out of bed. It was all too funny! What a kid.

Evan did a great job getting dressed, brushed his teeth, and headed downstairs to eat his breakfast. Then we did some first day of school pictures and by the time we finished it was time to head out. Here's a few of the pictures.

Evan picked out his outfit. I think he did a really nice job!
He's all set with his backpack ready to go!
Little sister was so excited for her brother on his first day of school. She gave him a little kiss again like she did on the first day of preschool!
Greg went into work late this morning so he could take him too. The whole way to school I was a little emotional, and as he was walking up the sidewalk at school I got a little teary eyed. Look at him being so brave and such a big boy!


Thank goodness I had my sunglasses on so he couldn't see me. We took him into the gym so he could line up with his class and out the door we went. (It was highly recommended to give fast good-byes.) I was very proud of my little guy. He started to get a little teary eyed, but held it together and did great! We headed home and Greg was off to work and after we got home was when I broke down a little. I knew Evan was in great hands, but still it's my little guy on a very big day in his life. Before I knew it, it was time for Em and I to head back and pick Evan up from school. His school is only half day kindergarten so he just goes in the A.M. I was so excited to pick him up and hear all about his first day.

He got in the car and was all smiles. He told me he had a great day and he didn't cry at all. I was very proud of him. Of course when I asked him what he did he told me he couldn't remember. Soon enough though he started telling me about stuff and a few names of the kids he played with. They even went to Art class on the first day! We made a detour on the way home and stopped at Noodles & Co. to meet daddy for lunch. Ev was super excited! Here he is celebrating his first day of school with lunch at his favorite place!


It was a great first day of kindergarten for Evan and to top it off it was Em's best day of napping since she got her big girl bed! She slept for almost three hours! I'm not getting my hopes up that this is going to happen everyday for her, but it would be nice if she does that more on some days! Here's wishing my little guy a great year in kindergarten!

P.S. Just as I was ready to publish this I got a FB message. Earlier today, Becky that cuts my hair had posted something on FB. This gal named Carole commented about Haslett schools. To make a long story short, I know her sister who is also named Becky. We went to grad school together and Becky teaches first grade at Evan's school. The other day I sent her a message to tell her Evan would be going to her school and asked about his teacher. She told me that he got a great teacher and we wouldn't be disappointed. She also let me know that her nephew Chase is in Evan' class. So back to Carole. I don't know Carole, but I commented after her comment telling her I knew her sister, etc. and my Evan is in class with her son. So just now she sends me a friend request and message on FB. This is what she said, " Hey Lisa- I would have never guessed your little guy didn't know anyone, he was quite social almost the whole day! I wish Chase would come out of his shell and have that confidence!! Hope you enjoy Haslett, it is a GREAT school district!" Wow! Just when I thought my tears were gone for the day. These teary eyes are of great joy and happiness though and reassured me that YES, Evan did have a great day like he said!

No comments:

Post a Comment