LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, September 27, 2010

First Family Football Game

Happy Monday readers! Wow, today went by fast. I was busy doing some Uppercase Living stuff today so that took up most of my free time today. Now I feel like I should be in bed since it's getting darker earlier and earlier these days. However, before I hit the hay I thought I'd tell you about our fun family outing this weekend and a few other tidbits about the weekend. Friday night we went out to Jimmy's Pub down the street with my friend Jess. We had a couple drinks, I tried their bloody Mary's of course (which were pretty good, but not as good as Pizza House). It was nice to just sit and chat with Jess after all she's been through in the past week with her house fire. After Jimmy's Greg headed home so he could go pick up the kids (Greg's mom watched them for a little bit so we could go out), and I went with Jess to check out some places for her and her family to live for the next few months since they'll be out of their house. Then we ran some errands and called it a night. It was nice to hang out with you Jess. I enjoyed your company and loved a little girl time!

Saturday Greg and I took the kids to the MSU football game. This was our first football game as a family. We took Evan to a game two years ago, and Em and Ev have both been to the spring practice games, but we all hadn't been to a regular season game together. We talked about it over the summer that we wanted to take the kids to a game. Well, tickets are like $49 a person and I didn't want to spend that much not knowing if Em would sit through the whole game or what the weather would be like. Then about a month ago, my friend Marie told me she found out about the Jr. Spartan Club. I quickly jumped on the bandwagon and called up the ticket office to find out a little more about it. The Jr. Spartan Club is for kids preschool aged to 8th grade. It costs $25 per child to join and then each kid gets a ticket to the Northern Colorado vs. MSU football game which was on Saturday, plus they get free tickets for their parents. It also includes a t-shirt and a membership card which gets them into other sporting events like volleyball, soccer, women's basketball, gymnastics, baseball, and softball for free throughout the year. Not a bad deal for $25. So for two memberships at $50, all four of us went to the game for $50 when one ticket is usually $49. Plus there was a free tailgate included at Munn Ice Arena before the game. That included free hot dogs/ subs, drinks, etc. and the kids could skate free on the rink. We met up with our friends Jim & Marie & their kids so it was fun for all the kids to go to the game together.

It wasn't the most exciting game, and it was a wee bit chilly, but overall the kids had fun, we had fun, and the Spartans won so that's all that matters. My little Emmaline cheered like crazy for most of the game. She was definitely showing her Spartan spirit! The only problem with the game was that there was a little accident and Emmaline started to fall off the bleachers so my quick mom instinct was to try and catch her. Well, I did keep her from hitting her face on the benches and really getting hurt, but in the process I dropped my camera and well now it's broken. Ugh! I am so lost without my camera and it's only been two days! I take lots of pictures quite frequently and now with no camera I'm going crazy. Anyhow, here's a few pics from game day that I got before the camera broke.

We got on campus just in time to see the team walking over from Kellogg to the stadium. Evan was so excited he got a bunch of high 5's & hand shakes from the players. Especially his favorite- Quarterback, Kirk Cousins!
The MSU Dance Team was at the Munn tailgate and of course my little Emmaline had to have a picture with them AND once again she grabbed the pompons right away!
Daddy with the kiddos out on the ice!Brother & Sister all set to head into Spartan Stadium and cheer on those Spartans!Yes, we were way up there and yes, it was windy! Em didn't mind though and she was all smiles! That's my little Sparty girl!Evan enjoying some Spartan football!
Evan & Emmaline with Kyra & Connor

Saturday night was bunco night! I missed last month so it was great to have girls night again! My friend Carla hosted and it was a fun night. Lots of laughs and good times! I talked Jess into going because I figured she needed a night out so I was glad she joined us. I didn't walk away with any money or baby bunco prizes, but I did win a big bunco prize which was strawberry daiquiri wine coolers so that was cool. Since I was going to be gone, Greg took the kids to the volleyball game while I was at bunco. They had a fun time, and we got some use out of their Jr. Spartan Club membership right away since they got in free!

Sunday was a lazy day pretty much. It was chilly again, and after I got up I ended up taking a nap two hours later. I fell asleep on the couch and my hubby let me rest so that was nice! Finally after I woke up about noon we had some lunch and then took the kids to the Halloween store to look at costumes. We didn't really find anything there so then we went to Party City. We ended up walking away with two costumes that I hadn't planned on. I had one thing in mind for Em and then after she tried on a different costume she melted my heart in it so I decided to go with it. I can't tell you what the kids are going to be, but they're going to look really cute together, trust me! That was our weekend! Hope you all had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment