LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Avoiding The Grocery Store

My poor little guy has caught a cold and it's not getting any better. I feel so bad for him. All he does is cough and cough and cough. Today's been his worse so I decided today to keep him home from school. Apparently there's other sick kids at school, and I figured that wasn't going to help the situation. Plus I didn't want him to get someone else sick. He actually begged me to let him go to school. I'll have to show him this post in about five years when he doesn't want to go to school. I made him lay low and rest this afternoon. He watched one of his favorite movies, Bolt, while Em napped this afternoon. It was a nice peaceful afternoon. No school tomorrow so hopefully by Monday he'll be feeling better. He hasn't been sleeping good at night and then ends up sleeping late in the morning. Here's hoping he gets over this soon and the rest of us don't get it... although I'm feeling a sore throat coming on... ugh!

Here it is Friday tomorrow and I've avoided the grocery store all week, or all year you could say. I really haven't been to the store all that much in these five weeks of the new year. If you remember last weekend it was too cold. This week, the couple times I had the chance I didn't feel like hauling the two kids in and spending an hour in the store. Plus with Ev not feeling great I figured that wouldn't be much fun for either of us in the store for so long. Before that, I've only been in a couple times for a few things here and there. Quick trips... in and out. We needed milk today and I was planning to get on the way home from getting Evan from school, but since he ended up staying home I didn't want to run out just for that. So I had Greg stop on his way home. Ha! As far as real grocery shopping (the hour long kind) I haven't really done this year. It's looking like that's going to have to come to an end though because we are about down to the bare minimum. We haven't really had anything for lunches and have been eating PBJ (which is good especially with my strawberry jam) and Ramen's. Yes, that's right. We all love us some Ramen noodles from time to time. We are also down to like three or four cans of pop which could be a crisis if I don't get to the store. You know me and my pop. LOL. So it looks like tomorrow night or Saturday is grocery shopping day. That means I need to make a grocery list and cut coupon, and get the pop cans together. On second hand, maybe we can do without the pop!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm glad to know that we aren't the only family enjoying Ramen noodles for a meal every once and a while. We love Ramen noodles too!

    ReplyDelete