LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Kids Crack Me Up

Do you ever wish you had kept a notebook of the things your kids say? I do! At one time I had wrote some things down Evan said that were just so darn cute. I thought I would keep that notebook and look back on it someday. Then life gets busy and well... things get pushed aside and it just doesn't happen the way you had planned. If you asked me right now where that notebook was that I had written down a few things he said, I'd have to tell you I have no idea. I'll admit that since that idea crossed through my head the first time, I did it. Then when it has crossed through my head again and again and again, I haven't done it. I think, "Oh I'll remember what they said." Yeah right! Now I kick myself at times when I try to remember what it was they said.

Over the past three months Emmaline's vocabulary has increased immensely, as has her sentences. Sometimes she gets trying to say such a long sentence that I think she gets ahead of herself a little bit. Then I'll ask her what she said, and she'll repeat it even faster the next time. I just laugh because even though I might not understand it, whatever it is that she has said still sounds like it's something really important. I'd have to say that I can decipher her words better than Greg. That's probably because I'm around her more all day than he is.

Today the kids were playing and they made me laugh so hard. I really wished that Greg could of seen them. It was the cutest thing between the two of them. Emmaline was sitting under her little table looking at the Kohl's ad. Evan was sitting in one of the chairs at the table playing with Legos. He bends down to look under the table at Emmaline and here's how the conversation went:

Evan: "Emme, what are you looking at?"
Emmmaline: "Lookey at boys!"
Evan: "You're looking at boys?"
Emmaline: "Yes, me lookey at boys!"

At this point I'm already laughing and Evan's cracking up as well.

Evan: "Emme, you crack me outta my shell!"

Now I'm really laughing hard. First Emmaline is saying "lookey at boys," and then Evan pulls out this line of "you crack me outta my shell." Where does he come up with these lines? Oh it was a great laugh this morning. The topper was when Emmaline walked over to me with the Kohl's ad and shows me the page she was looking at and says, "Mommy, me lookey at boys." The look on her face was one I'll never forget. I'm beginning to think my little princess is going on 13 instead of 3! Yikes! The good news is... at least she wasn't looking at the boys in their underwear in the ad!

No comments:

Post a Comment