LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, February 1, 2010

Proud Of My Guys

Happy February everyone! Can you believe it? Seems like I was just saying Happy New Year. Where the heck did January go. I can only imagine that February will go even faster since it's a short month anyway. Well I didn't get to blog last night because I was watching the Grammy's and was so blown away by some of the performances that I really got into it, more than I normally do. Wow, Pink and The Black Eyed Peas really had great performances. As my friend Jess said, "they never disappoint!" Then there was the 3-D tribute to Michael Jackson which I thought was great. My heart about broke when his two kids came out on stage. They were so mature and have grown to be very beautiful children.

My weekend ended pretty non-eventful like Saturday was. It's nice to have some low key weekends though and be able to do nothing. I did get out yesterday only because we went to dinner with Greg's mom. Still didn't run my errands. Oh well, that's on the to do list for this week. So after freezing all day Saturday because it was soooo cold, it looks like a heat wave is on the way this week.... high 20's to low 30's for the week which is a heat wave for Michigan in February!

While Em napped yesterday I stayed home and Evan and Greg went to a bike expo at MSU. Evan was so excited to get to ride his bike there. I wasn't too interested in going and figured the boys could have their own fun. I wasn't expecting the video that Greg text to me while he was there. They had a dirt riding area set up and Evan went at it with no fear once again. He was having the time of his life. Here's my little guy riding around at the expo.



I'm so proud of him. He did awesome riding around there all by himself! A proud momma once again!

I'm also very proud of Greg. He's not one to talk about it, but I think he deserves some recognition. I think it's a great honor for him. A photo he took a couple weeks ago (that late night he was working) was discovered in the New York Times today. Of all the photos out there for a story on Haiti that the New York Times did, his got chosen. I don't really know how all this works, but apparently the Associated Press at times asks for pictures from MSU. Then they had put that photo on their news wire and NY Times ran across it and decided to use it. Great job honey, I've always said you do nice work! Your mom's right, your dad would be proud!

Here's a link to his photo: Greg's photo in the NY Times

I'm so very proud of my two guys. I'm a lucky mom and wife to have such wonderful son and husband, as well as a terrific daughter!

On a side note: I was beginning to wonder if anyone's been reading lately. I hadn't gotten any comments on my bathroom until Ann did today. I was thinking maybe nobody liked my hard work. Thanks Ann! I am really enjoying the newly painted bathroom and the color! Oh and you must try the soup. I highly recommend it. I think we're making it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment