LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, February 22, 2010

A New Bunco Group

Last night was finally a girls night! It was bunco night for the ladies! You haven't heard me talk about bunco lately and that's because well.... there hasn't been bunco since October. It's been a little sad, and I've missed it, but thankfully we've gotten the ball rolling again and have started it up again. There's been a new bunco group put together with some of the "oldies" and a few new ladies. Some of the gals didn't want to commit to every month anymore and just wanted to be subs, and some just opted out all together. Others decided to stay in the bunco group which is great. I'm going to miss those who aren't in the bunco group anymore. I've moved up from a sub to one of the twelve hostesses. There's a hostess for each month which breaks up the responsibility of hostessing and then there's a sub list in case there's times when one or more of the "12" can't make it. Right now though we've only gotten 10 hostesses and still have two months that we're hoping someone will jump in and take. I personally think it's fun to be a hostess. You get to pick when to have bunco for your month and what the theme will be. Then you provide a little food and drink for the bunco festivities that night and have a lot of fun. It's really nothing to stress over for all you new hostesses that have joined or for those who are thinking about it. The main thing is to just get the girls together and have some fun! So with that said, I'm now the June hostess. I can't wait! Lots of possibilities for hosting in the summer! My friend Liana who lives across the street has joined the group as a hostess. She had never played before last night. I'm glad she joined the bunco group. It's going to be a lot of fun. Also, my friend Carmen who subbed a few times with me in the old group has joined as a hostess so I'm excited about that. Look forward to bunco-ing with them, as well as those from the old group, and getting to know some of the new faces. So ladies if you're reading this and not sure about hostessing, it's really not hard. It's only one time a year and you get to pick when for your month... Dawn, Christina, Jess??? If not, then I'm glad some of you are going to be on the sub list!

We didn't get the new group going in time for January bunco so February bunco got kicked off with my friend Becky (she's the one that cuts my hair). She chose a "sweet" theme for bunco last night. There was a lot of fun had by all and I actually ended up coming home being a winner! Woo hoo! No big bunco table prizes, but three baby bunco prizes and $25! Here's my winnings below.


A bottle of wine and lots of sweets, along with the cash! Greg was happy with the cashew turtles! I'm not a huge fan of some of the candy. Pretty much my favorite is the Reese's pieces, but I'm sure someone will eat the other stuff nonetheless. The wine I can handle. I'll just have to have some of the girls over to enjoy it with since Greg isn't a wine drinker! Thanks Becky for hostessing and kicking off our new bunco group. Can't wait for next months bunco which Liana will be hostessing. It was definitely a much needed girls night out and a big congrats to my friend Susan and her husband Nico. They're expecting a little bundle of joy in July! Wow, another baby in the neighborhood! It seems like every bunco there's a baby announcement! Crazy!

1 comment:

  1. Oooo - you won a bottle of Winter White wine. That's one of my very favorites. I can't wait until next fall when I can drink it again! :)

    ReplyDelete