LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Forget Scooby, We're On To Ponies & More

Last night we made a run to Sam's for a few things (I know, we know how to have fun don't we) and the kids couldn't get out of there without going by the toys. Now that the holidays are upon us, Sam's has all their toys out for Christmas. My friend Ann has been talking on her blog about these ponies her daughter likes at Costco. She likes to sit on them when they go there. Well folks, my little Emmaline spotted the same thing at Sam's last night, and she fell in love with them too. I don't know what it is about them, but apparently they're a kids dream because I couldn't tear my kids away from them. Every little girl wants a pony, doesn't she? The ponies were up on a shelf and Evan wanted to sit on the big horse and Emmaline wanted to sit on the little pony. Here's the two of them playing giddy up on the ponies at Sam's.


There is a button on the ears that you can push and it makes the pony's head move and it also makes sounds. It was hard to tear the kids away. Evan was asking how many dollars the ponies were, and I told him $70 for the big horse and $40 for the little one. He kept telling us, "I'll just take the 70 one, I like that one." Of course he would want the more expensive one! Ann, I can see why Sylvia likes the ponies so much. They're pure joy for a little one and they are pretty cute!

The kids also liked these other animals that they had there too.


Emmaline first tried out the elephant (you can see it in the bin) and Evan, the dinosaur. As I tried to snap a picture, the two of them were riding these animals around so fast that every picture I had was blurry. They were having the time of their lives. I didn't have my camera so thanks to the cell phone these were the best shots I got. After too many blurry shots Em wasn't waiting around anymore for another picture before she switched it up and tried out the lion. Finally I got them to sit still for two seconds so I could snap this shot. After that they were off riding the animals again. Thank goodness Sam's wasn't busy! If you look in the picture above and see the bin to the right (it's kind of hard to see), those had giant Mickey and Minnie Mouses. Emmaline also loved the giant Minnie Mouse. I'm thinking we're going to have to avoid the toy section at Sam's on future visits. Apparently Scooby Doo is a thing of the past for now. Evan quickly forgot about the sad fact he had to take Scooby back to school yesterday once he found these ponies and other animals to play with. Oh and one little note about our trip to Sam's... I walked out of there without getting a fountain diet coke in a long time! Yeah me! Greg tried to talk me into one, but I resisted. I'm on day three of no pop. So far so good!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, there's a $40 pony??? You're killing me. The only thing holding me back from the $70 pony at Costco was the fact that it really is way too big for Sylvia.

    My mom has a membership to Sam's. I just might have to have her take me to the store. :)

    ReplyDelete