LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, November 16, 2009

One Week

Today Greg went back to work, and it was a little hard to get up this morning. We had been sleeping until like 8:30am last week. This morning though we were back to our normal routine. Before Greg left for vacation there was some switching around of offices at work. With some big budget cuts a few weeks ago at the university, there were some positions eliminated in Greg's department and people were laid off. It hit a little too close to home when Greg's good friend at work was laid off. We feel very bad for her. We are very very grateful that Greg still has his job. I thank my lucky stars every day. Greg was hoping to get a new office when he went back and he did. For the eight years that Greg has worked at MSU, he has never had his own office. He's shared an office for most of those years until last year. He used to work on the third floor and got moved to the fourth floor. When he moved upstairs his office was a cubicle, with just some partitioned walls. Now he's moved right next door to his old "office" and has actual walls and a door to close. I'm happy for him to finally have his own office. He and Evan stopped by work last night and Evan made him move one of his paintings from school into the new office right away. I think he wants it decorated with some cool artwork. I haven't seen it yet so I'll have to go check it out sometime.

In other news around here, it's been one week and I haven't had a pop. Pretty good I thought, but with one more week to go I caved. Sorry to disappoint you readers, but I can only drink so much water. I had a pop with dinner tonight. I only had one so that was good. Usually I'll pop a can open after dinner too. I'm going to try to limit myself though to one a day. I do have to give myself a little pat on the back though because the few times we went out to eat I didn't order a pop at all and I didn't get my Sam's dc dose any of the three times I was there last week. So it's not all bad, right? Even when Greg was drinking pop at home I didn't have a single drink of his. While I didn't make it two weeks, I surprised myself that I actually did give it up even if it was only for a week. I'm going to try to work hard at not drinking so much of it though everyday. So that's where we're at with my pop addiction. It is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment