LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, November 2, 2009

It's November!

Well, it's officially November and with that comes daylight savings time. I hope you all remembered to set your clocks back one hour yesterday. You know the old saying, spring ahead, fall back! If you didn't, then you were in for waking up at the wrong time, getting to work at the wrong time, etc. I hate when the time changes. Ugh, dark at 5:30pm, and it feels like it should be bedtime when really it's only dinner time. Oh how I can't wait for it to be light again until 10pm! I have a feeling it's going to be a long winter, and it's not even officially winter yet. It's only the second day of November and the kids have way more energy than the indoors can hold. Not being able to get outside at night for our walks/bike rides, seems to be having an effect on them already. They have been wound up and could really use some outdoor play. I think we need a vacation to some place warm!

With November comes, fewer leaves on the trees, colder weather, the end of the college football season (besides bowl games), Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and time to start Christmas shopping. For our family, November also brings the Iceman bike race. This is the last bike race of the year that Greg races in. It's in Traverse City, and it's the first weekend in November. So since this coming weekend is the first full weekend in November, that means race time and a sort of mini vacation for us.. We will be heading to Traverse City and not only will Greg be racing, but Evan is going to do the little kids race. He's super excited to finally being able to do another bike race. It should be a fun time! Greg's got Friday off so we'll be heading up to Traverse City then, which means I have to figure out in the next few days what to pack for everyone. I hate packing! Ugh! Unfortunately we're going to miss Em's friend Lucia's birthday party this weekend since we'll be gone. We're really bummed about that. I know Em would've had a good time. Since Evan's racing for the first time in his own Iceman though I've got to go, otherwise we'd probably stay home. In the meantime, I've got my "To Do List" that I need to accomplish before Friday so I should probably call it a night in the blogging world for now so I can get some things done.

1 comment:

  1. Have a great weekend up in Traverse City! Are you staying somewhere fun like Great Wolf Lodge? My mom lives up in Traverse City now so I've come to know that area well. Have fun watching Evan in his first Iceman race. I hope he stays warm!

    ReplyDelete