LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, November 12, 2009

It's Ellen Day!

Before I talk about my Ellen excitement, I want to start by saying I'm a little surprised that I didn't get any comments on Evan's bike race. I talked about it a lot up until the race and then posted what I thought were all these great pictures of my little guy in his bike race and not one comment about it. I know he's not you're kid and you probably weren't as excited about it as Greg and I were or Evan for that matter, but I thought I'd get at least something from one of you. Is it that some of you don't know how to comment, or you just didn't care to, or I bored you with the bike race talk? Whatever it is, just know that I do actually read the comments, and I enjoy reading them. I actually appreciate it when someone comments after a post because then I feel like I've connected to my readers out there. I was a little bummed, but I'm going forward because I've been able to laugh a lot this week.

Remember I'm a big fan of the Ellen Degeneres Show, and today was the big release of her cover on The Oprah Magazine. Ellen's been talking about it for almost a year. It was her New Year's resolution to get on the Oprah magazine. It started out sort of as a joke, but then Oprah called her and asked her to be on the cover. I don't ever buy the Oprah Magazine, but when I heard that Ellen was going to be on the cover and there would be other articles about Ellen inside, I knew I had to get it. Ellen makes me laugh everyday. It's my one hour of t.v. that I can thoroughly enjoy because no matter what the topic, I can count on Ellen being funny. She's never really disappointed me with her show. The past couple weeks she's had the countdown to her cover on O hitting stands, and it's been an absolute hoot! She recapped her phone calls over the months to Oprah, the reveal of the cover, other cover ideas she came up with, behind the scenes at the cover photo shoot, and much more. It's been so funny and it's given me lots of laughs.

So all week I've dreaded the trip to Meijers to do my grocery shopping. Finally today I broke down and made myself go. I had a little incentive because today I could finally get the Oprah Magazine! It was the first thing I put in the cart when I got to Meijer. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't forget, or with my luck they'd be out of it by the time I got to the checkout. So into the cart it went, and then I did the rest of my shopping. I got to grocery shop on a weekday afternoon and without any kids. This rarely EVER happens, but since Greg is on vacation he stayed home while Em napped, Evan was at school of course, and I went by myself! It was so nice. I could go up and down the aisles without having to worry about the kids or have them asking for every other thing they saw on the shelves. Suddenly when I got to Meijer, my thoughts of dreading the grocery shopping left me, and I was in and out of there in pretty good time.

Now I've got my Oprah Magazine and have looked through some of it. I don't want to finish it all at once, so I'm looking at it in parts. I want to thoroughly enjoy it! You all might be thinking, "it's just a magazine," and it is, but it's just a little something to brighten my day that I can enjoy during some mommy time! It's kind of like getting two doses of Ellen laughter in one day!

2 comments:

  1. I've been a terrible commenter lately - so sorry, especially since you are a frequent commentor on my blog.

    Congrats to Evan for doing such a great job on the bike race. I can't believe what a good bike rider he is at his age! You really should be super proud of your little guy.

    Next, how's the whole pop in moderation thing going for you? Ironically, pop is the only thing in my whole life that I've ever given up wtih any success. I was having some health issues in college and my doctor suggested giving up pop. I felt better and my issues never returned, and I've had very little ever since (mostly only in mixed drinks!). If only I could be as successful giving up potato chips or chocolate or something!

    Finally, I don't watch her near enough these days, but Ellen got me through my maternity leave. It was a rough first couple of months for me, and she was the highlight of my day sometimes! I can't wait to see the cover of the magazine. I have Oprah on Tivo - I'm going to need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Ann, you're such a sweetie. We are proud of Evan as you can probably tell. It's really neat to see him be so enthusiastic about his bike like his dad and want to do well.

    The whole pop thing is a little hard, but I'm on day five of none. Good for you for giving it up and for so long. It's been a little hard this week because I want something to drink and immediately think pop. I'm not much of a milk drinker or water unless it's 80 degrees out! I'm trying to be better about the water. I feel like my options are limited when I don't have pop. I've made it to Sam's 2x this week though w/out getting a DC. LOL. (Oh & I checked the ponies again and they're $38.46, even cheaper than $40. Ha!)

    I do love me some Ellen t.v. She can make me laugh on some of my crappiest days. Even if it's only for 5 minutes! She's not your typical celebrity and really cares for "normal" people. Thanks again for the comments! I enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete