LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Mother's Heartbreak

All week Evan's been hoping to bring Scooby Doo home again. Remember Scooby, the class pet? Well it's been awhile since Evan's got to bring him home, almost two months. It was mid September when he first brought Scooby home. Apparently some of the kids have forgotten to bring him back to school some days, so it's taking a little longer for the second round of bringing Scooby home. I kept telling Evan it would probably be any day because when I was in his class Tuesday I saw that there were only a few clothespins left in the can (Every kid has a clothespin and when their name is drawn to take Scooby home their clothespin gets put on the top of the can until all the clothespins are gone).

Well folks, today when I picked Evan up from school he didn't have Scooby Doo. He got in the car and said, "Mommy, I didn't get to bring Scooby home." He was really bummed. This is when his teacher informed me that some of the kids had been forgetting to bring Scooby back to school so it was taking awhile to get to all the kids. Evan told her he really wanted to bring Scooby home for the weekend. She told him he would get it next week because there's only two names left and one of them is his obviously. So today there would've been three pins before one got picked to take Scooby home for the weekend and Evan's one in three shot didn't turn out in his favor.

So we're driving home from school and Evan is really quiet and staring out the window. I ask him if he's o.k. and he breaks down crying. I had a feeling why he was crying, but I asked him to see what he'd say. He says, "Mommy, I really wanted to bring Scooby Doo home today so I could take him with me this weekend to the bike race." My heart just felt for him. I knew how sad he was because he had talked about this earlier in the week, and then it didn't happen for him to get Scooby. Poor little guy. He told me Scooby would like Traverse City and have fun. I think he had big plans in store for Scooby Doo on our little trip. What a bummer!

After I got him to settle down, I told him he could pick one of his dogs from his room to take. That made him really happy, and tonight when I was getting his stuff together to pack he didn't forget and went upstairs to pick out which stuffed doggy he'd take. So between his dog and Em's babies, we'll have a few extra passengers traveling with us to Traverse City.

You probably won't hear from me for a couple days since I'll be busy tomorrow doing some last minute packing, loading the car, and running a few last minute errands. Then we'll be heading north to what hopefully will be a weekend of good racing for Greg, his buddy Rich, and my little guy. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment