LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Friday, November 13, 2009

My Baristas

This week Evan and Emmaline have been working a little bit. Don't worry readers, it was nothing I made them do, but rather something they wanted to do. They actually like to go to this job every once in awhile. Greg's mom works at a coffee shop that is in a doctor's office building. Greg's aunt actually owns the coffee shop. It is called Cup-A-Chinos. So every now and then we stop by to get our free dose of coffee or drinks. Well, not totally free because the kids and Greg and I get put to work and we make our own coffee. A lot of times we get to go in after hours and have the run of the place to ourselves. Since Greg was on vacation this week, we made a couple weekday visits to get our drinks.

Evan had to get his apron on before he started working and of course Emmaline had to follow. She always wants to be like her big brother! Here's my little barista, apron and all getting ready to make a drink.


We were mostly in the mood for a cold drink instead of hot coffee since it was a little warmer out. Usually I like to make a "Sugar Bear," what I would get at Biggby, but today I had a frozen Root Beer drink. It tasted yummy and felt good on my throat since I woke up with a sore throat! Ugh! The kids had the same thing, and Greg made a chocolate covered cherry latte. Here's Greg being a barista also. He does make a pretty good latte for me sometimes.


Emmaline doesn't make the drinks so much. She is more into playing with whatever she can find. For awhile she was pretending she was answering the phone. She also likes to sit on the stool at the counter. Here's my other little barista stamping the frequency card. Both Em and Evan enjoy the stamper and usually know how to fill a frequency card or two before we leave. Hey, if we have a full card then we can redeem it for a free coffee, right?


Here's Evan trying to ring me up for my order. Good thing
I had a fully stamped card to redeem for my drink today!

With making drinks comes cleaning up. We couldn't go until Evan cleaned up his mess and washed dishes. Emmaline helped too, but I didn't get her picture!

The kids enjoyed themselves and even got a couple tips while they were working. Thanks YaYa for letting us each have a dollar from your tip bowl. Thanks to Greg's mom for letting us invade the coffee shop. The coffee/drinks were yummy! Thanks to Greg's Aunt Sandy too for all the different drinks she's come up with. We enjoy trying them out! Now, if we only had an espresso machine at home, my baristas could make me a coffee tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment