LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, November 19, 2009

My New Purchase

First I'd like to start off by saying Happy Birthday to my good friend Marie's daughter, Kyra. Today she turns five! I told you on Sunday it was my friend Missy's daughter's birthday. The three of us all had babies within six weeks of each other in 2004. It was kind of crazy, just like it was crazy that four of my neighborhood friends and I all had our babies within three weeks of each other when Emmaline was born. So Happy Birthday Kyra, we're looking forward to the birthday party this weekend!

Now, onto my big purchase. Over the weekend I told you about my Kohl's shopping expedition. I earned some "Kohl's cash" with my purchases so I went back on Tuesday to spend them. I'm very excited about my new purchase. You'll probably think I'm a little weird when I tell you what it is, but it couldn't of come at a better time. I've been wanting one for a long time now, not the same one I got but a new one nonetheless. Here's my new big purchase!


Yes, it's a vacuum! The Bissell Lift-Off Multi-Cyclonic Pet Upright Vacuum. Like I said, I've been wanting a new one for a few years now. I wanted a Dyson when they first became a big hit. Greg thought it was ridiculous to spend $500 on a vacuum. Which it probably is, but they're supposed to last forever and do a great job picking up pet hair. Then I stumbled across this vacuum awhile back. It was still rather expensive, around $219.99 everywhere it was sold, but cheaper than a Dyson. Then I saw it at Kohl's over the weekend and it was on sale, bonus! I came home and told Greg about it, and finally talked him into getting it. I could use my Kohl's cash and 30% off coupon so it was going to turn out to be a really good deal. Remember how I love a good deal. So I got the vacuum for drum roll please..... $90! What a deal, right? I don't normally go out and buy big ticket items, so I thought $90 wasn't too bad for a really good vacuum.

I said it couldn't of come at a better time because I think my vacuum is going on the fritz! Over the past couple weeks when I've vacuumed, it smells like my vacuum is burning. Not a good thing by any means. I wouldn't be surprised because we've had our vacuum for over eight years. It was a wedding shower gift. It doesn't really pick up the dog hair very well either. I can vacuum a thousand times and it seems like it doesn't get everything.

I'm hoping this new vacuum will control the dog hair a little better. I tried it out yesterday for the first time and it seems to work really good. The best thing about it is, the middle piece comes off and you can just carry it to do the stairs, your car, or the furniture. Isn't that awesome! I HATE vacuuming the stairs. Just HATE IT! It's such a pain lugging the big vacuum up and down the stairs. However, now all I have to do is take the middle piece off and "voila" no more big vacuum to lug! Here's how the middle piece comes off! So cool!


I can't wait to vacuum my stairs. That's on my agenda for the weekend! Exciting I know! Haha! Before I leave you I'm just curious... do you say you're going to vacuum or sweep? I used to always say I was going to run the sweeper when I was younger. I think my mom or grandma always called it a sweeper. But now I say vacuum and sweep or sweeper sounds funny to me. Isn't that weird? I sweep the kitchen floor with a broom, but I vacuum the carpet with a vacuum not a sweeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment