LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Birthday Celebrations!

Wow! What a weekend it was! Friday night our friend Brenda came over and brought pizza for dinner. It was so nice not to have to cook and it was a great way to welcome in the weekend! After dinner we all headed for our first trip to the Tasty Twist. This year the Tasty Twist has a new location. It was kind of weird to visit the new place on Friday. A few months back it was announced that Tasty Twist closed up and was relocating down the road. The spot they had been in for years had been a leased location and the owner of the property chose not to renew the Tasty Twist lease because he was going to expand the parking to the gas station which is next door (the owner of the property owns the gas station and the Tasty Twist building). So Tasty Twist decided to move into the old Baskin Robbins location. Well come to find out, the whole expanding the parking lot was a joke. The gas station owner decided he was going to open his own ice cream shop. The whole story is quite unbelievable. This guy is going to name it Tasty Treat, the sign has the same blue and white colors as Tasty Twist does, and the lettering on the sign is almost the same exact font. It's ridiculous. Everyone who is a loyal customer to Tasty Twist is boycotting this new place and the word has been spread to not go to Tasty Treat. I hope it doesn't do well because what this guy did to Tasty Twist is just rotten. I wish the new location of Tasty Twist lots of luck. It's going to take some getting used to because the new spot is indoors and while that means it will be open year round, it's not the same as walking up outside to order your ice cream and sit outside to eat it. Evan kept asking why we couldn't go to the old location. I had to explain to him it's still the same place, same ice cream, just new building.

On Saturday it was a day long of birthday celebrating! Since I'll be turning 35 in a few days, I decided awhile back all I wanted to do was have a little girl time and do something fun. So I planned pedicures and manicures followed by lunch with some of my close friends. Unfortunately with everyone's busy schedule only a few could make it, but we still had a good time. The morning started off with my friends Wesley, Liana, Christina, and I all getting pedicures, and my friend Carla got a manicure. It's been FOREVER since I've had a pedicure and let me tell you, it felt so good to have the feet pampered! I'm thinking I need to go more often! Which thanks to Christina, I will have to return. She got me a gift card for Douglas J which I was going to use, but then Wesley and Carla surprised me with buying my pedicure for my birthday present! Thanks ladies, you really didn't have to, but it was greatly appreciated! You all are awesome! Here's Christina, Liana, and Wesley waiting for the toesies to dry.


Carla was getting the manicure so I couldn't get her in the shot with the other girls so here's her & Wes. Thanks gals for treating me to the pedicure! So sweet!


Some of the gals couldn't make it to lunch and vice versa, some couldn't make it to the salon. Carla however made it to both so she and I headed over to Champps after wards and we met up with my friends Marie and Jessica. A couple other girls had to cancel last minute so it was just the four of us for lunch, but we still had a great time! Thanks to Jess for the Bath & Body goodies and for buying my lunch! Again it was greatly appreciated. Unfortunately we were all so engrossed in conversation that by the time we left I realized I never got a picture. Bummer. I had a great morning/early afternoon celebrating my birthday early! Thanks ladies for helping me kick off turning 35!

I have to give a big shout out to my husband for offering to watch Jess' kids while she went to lunch with me. She had canceled that morning because she didn't have a sitter. Greg offered to watch her two kids so she could go. So while we were out having fun, he was watching four kids! Evan and Em loved to be able to play with Grace and Matthew. Thanks honey for offering to watch them! I was glad Jess was able to come to lunch!

Later Saturday night we were invited to a birthday party for my friend Jenn down the street. She's the one that turned 35 on Monday and she was having a belated birthday celebration. It was at Spartan Hall of Fame Cafe. Greg's mom watched the kids for us so we were able to go which we really appreciated. We had a great time at the party. We even met some new people from the neighborhood as well as mingled with some of our friends from the neighborhood! It was the first time in a long time we've been out late and actually enjoyed a few drinks. We had a lot of fun and thanks again Jenn for including us in your birthday celebration! Here's Jenn kissing the bottle of wine we got her.


This was her awesome birthday cake from Mirabella in Grand Rapids. It was cherry chip (so yummy) and it was decorated in all her favorite things- Michigan State, Yoga, & Dogs! So neat!


Now as I'm writing this post I'm a little messed up on my time with it being Daylight Savings Time. We of course had to spring ahead, and my body is telling me really it's an hour earlier and I'm not tired, but in fact it's an hour later and I should really go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment